New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Our Animal Health Marketing team takes a customer centric perspective using customer feedback and market intelligence data. Using this data, we design, develop and deploy products, platforms, brands and marketing initiatives that ensure we can improve the health and well-being of animals everywhere.
Our company is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines, and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where our company has codified its legacy for over a century. Our company's success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare. Our company's Animal Health (MAH) Division works to improve the health of animals around the world through collaborative partnerships and a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and planet. This team of energetic, independent thinkers offers one of the industry's most innovative portfolios of products, services, and technologies that serve to prevent, treat, and control diseases across all major farm and companion animal species both domestically and internationally.
The primary responsibilities of the Omni-Channel Marketing Specialist are to lead all marketing and advertising initiatives and strategies in the Ag Retail space to help achieve company sales, profit, and market share objectives. These activities include market planning, product launches, advertising and promotional activities, sales force training, distribution recommendations, pricing, and trade/buying show efforts. The incumbent is also responsible for supporting sales and marketing activities for the Omni-channel + eCommerce market. This position requires a broad knowledge of the animal health industry and the associated marketing initiatives to grow the business in the Ag Retail, Omni-channel, and eCommerce markets.
Key Responsibilities May Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Partner with the business to execute annual market plans as well as provide channel guidance for product launch plans, including pricing, OpEx investment, etc.
- Develop advertising and promotional campaigns and materials in partnership with outside agencies.
- Partner with the AH Business Units to develop programs and pricing strategies to achieve business targets during key selling windows that align with brand plans.
- Responsible for analyzing sales data to draw conclusions and provide recommendations for the channel.
- Consistently promote sales and services in a favorable Animal Health image of products throughout the Ag Retail channel. Help solve customer problems through the utilization of MAH products, services, and sales tools through the various channels.
- Responsible for the maintenance and communication of knowledge relative to accounts, accounts' products, markets, and potentials to help plan effective account penetration and prospecting efforts.
- Communicate market and business trends to justify ongoing investment in the channel. Identify opportunities and make recommendations on growth initiatives to drive market share in the channel.
- Keep current on MAH products, services, and market information by studying and attending relevant meetings, conventions, and training courses. Follow established communication procedures to effectively keep appropriate colleagues informed.
- Appropriate usage of company resources (time, money, property, etc.) to optimize sales.
- Ability to manage expenses appropriately and maintain expenses within a budget.
- Provide input to Marketing for alignment with R&D, Market Development, and Technical Services for product improvements and new products (including Packaging, Inserts, etc.)
- Provide Training assistance as needed for Ag Retail sales representatives, distributor sales reps, etc.
- Work collaboratively across all species teams to foster our Company's approach to enhance knowledge of the entire AH retail + eCommerce product portfolio.
- Clearly communicate account activities to sales and marketing leadership by sending monthly communications on key activities.
- Analyze sales results on a monthly basis and manage expenses within budget guidelines.
- Develop a deep understanding of account needs and communicate information to MAH Sales and Marketing leadership.
- Work with Channel leadership team to develop and implement marketing and sales strategies for Ag Retail, Omni-channel, + eCommerce retailers.
- Drive development of key eCommerce capabilities and support processes.
- Develop current understanding of AH products, industry trends and competitor landscape.
- Articulates and communicates relevant customer, industry, product, and market trends appropriately throughout the organization.
- Responsible for developing and meeting learning and development objectives agreed upon with leadership.
This role will be based out of our Lenexa, KS office.
Scope And Context
- This position is an Individual Contributor role
- Demonstrate Ethics & Integrity
- Drive Results
- Focus on Customers
- Make Rapid Disciplined Decisions
- Act with Courage & Candor
- Build Talent
- Foster Collaboration
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Working Across Boundaries
- Strategic Thinking
- Project Management
- Productive Communication
- Problem Solving
Core Commercial Functional Competencies
- Customer and Market Insights
- Strategic Business Management
- Product Knowledge & Portfolio Management
- Account Management
- Customer Engagement
- Market Access
- Regulatory & Compliance Knowledge
Background & Education
- Bachelor's Degree - Marketing, Animal Science, or Ag Business
- Applicants with pending degrees will be considered, but degree must be completed prior to starting with our Company.
- Experience in sales and/or working with a sales force.
- Experience in Marketing and/or partnership in execution of marketing strategies
- Strong project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to synthesize analytics into strategy development & market planning.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail and associated follow-through.
- Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated motivation and focus on achieving measurable, tangible results.
- Commitment to collaboration as the normal mode of working and resolving problems.
- Demonstrated understanding of the positions' contribution to the business goals and willingness to adopt changes to current processes to meet customer needs.
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to use an iPad.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel overnight as well as some weekend activity (i.e. Trade Shows).
- Candidates should have Retail and/or Customer Service exposure.
- Candidates should have Sales training and/or applied sales exposure.
- Candidates should have Food Production Animal exposure.
- Candidates should have Companion Animal (Equine & Canine) exposure.
- Candidates should have eCommerce knowledge and exposure.
- Sales and/or Marketing experience within the Animal Health industry.
- Knowledge of animal health biological and pharmaceutical products.
- Understanding or experience working with distribution.
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world's food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Residents of Colorado
Click here to request this role's pay range.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: