Marketing Research Lead at Trustifi (Remote)
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is looking for a Marketing Research Lead dedicated to enhancing Reddit’s value to our advertising partners and consumers through groundbreaking research and insights. This role will be an integral part of the Marketing Sciences team and overall Marketing organization - blending custom primary research with platform data to deliver insights that help showcase Reddit’s value proposition, and to help better understand our users and advertisers.
In short, we’re looking for a data-driven storyteller with a marketer’s mindset and rigorous research experience. This role reports directly to the Head of Marketing Research.
- Lead custom primary research globally for our brands, agencies, and the industry at large. Push the boundaries of data to deliver narratives that are compelling, disruptive, and influential - showcasing Reddit as an always-on thought leader.
- Execute research that deepens our understanding of Reddit’s users. Collaborate with consumer marketing to help progress user growth and retention.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, and our top-tier clients/agencies to execute innovative custom research that gives a unique view into the power of community, amplifies our narrative, and positions Reddit as a critical part of the marketing mix.
- Leverage primary research, 1st party data, and 3rd party/syndicated research to uncover insights that reveal the reach, composition, engagement, and strategic value of our audience- both consumers and advertisers.
- Create captivating topical vertical narratives via research that digs into consumer behaviors and conversations, vertical research, and larger industry trends. Discover business critical insights specific to verticals, and elevate trends to fuel narratives and help unlock ad revenue.
- Be an internal source of expertise and excellence on research methodologies, and the methods used to gain a greater understanding of Reddit’s audience and communities.
- Manage project roadmaps and research partner relationships.
- 6+ years of relevant experience, preferably from the media/advertising, consulting, or marketing industries. At least 4 of those years in a research-oriented function.
- A strong understanding of Reddit and the unique culture of the platform.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field involving research or equivalent experience. Graduate Degree is a plus.
- Expert knowledge and proven application of a wide range of quantitative and qualitative research initiatives and methodologies to solve business objectives, including: survey development and execution, segmentation, advertising effectiveness, panel research, ethnography, focus groups, brand tracking, competitive intelligence, etc.
- Proven master-level ability to weave primary research, 3rd party insights, and behavioral platform data together into a cohesive and compelling story of strategic importance.
- Experience working with 1st party data and strong analytical skills required – including familiarity with tools for data querying, survey, and analysis: Qualtrics/Decipher, Tableau, SPSS, etc.
- Proficiency with syndicated tools such as Comscore, BrandWatch, Quantcast, GlobalWebIndex, Simmons, MRI, (etc.) a plus.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, and experience presenting to large groups– you’re articulate and engaging.
- Experience working across industries, verticals, and global regions - with a strong knowledge of the digital marketing/advertising ecosystem and leading research partners in the field.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint/Keynote, Word, and Excel a must
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].