The world loves Postgres. If you work with developers or data scientists or anyone wrangling data, you’ll probably see a sticker with the tusks and trunk of the Postgres elephant on the lid of a nearby laptop. EDB has a lot to do with that.
We’ve been major contributors to Postgres since the beginning, and we are proud to call thousands of boundary pushing customers our partners. Proud though we are, we are not resting on our laurels. There’s plenty of work to do. The good news is that everything we do will impact Postgres, which is to say that it will impact the world. No pressure.
In this Field Marketing role, you will work cross-functionally with marketing and field sales teams across EMEA to generate demand and pipeline for the EDB product and services. This role requires a self-motivated, results-driven individual who can quickly become familiar with a wide range of concepts, market trends and effective demand-generation techniques in the high-tech, enterprise database space.The primary goal of this role is to execute integrated marketing campaigns that will appeal to senior IT professionals, with the end goal of generating qualified leads and new opportunities.
- Business-to-business Demand generation/targeted prospecting activities for EDB solutions and services at senior IT executive and CIO level, with Fortune-ranked, global organisations
- Strong pipeline development within target markets and verticals working closely with cross-functional marketing and field sales teams
- Creation and execution of field-marketing campaigns that deliver tangible business results, including regional campaigns, webinars, customer loyalty and events, through-channel partner campaigns, etc
- Organising and Managing Regional events, including trade shows and smaller self-hosted events, both physical and virtual
- Measurement of campaign and program effectiveness
- Localisation of marketing campaigns to support regional needs, including working with translation agencies where appropriate
- Must have marketing experience in the IT domain
- Experienced in high-tech field marketing with a strong emphasis on demand generation
- Willingness and self-motivation to meet deadlines and goals
- Excellent organisational, time and project management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to changing business and market requirements and prioritise concurrent business needs and opportunities
- Ability to work well as part of a diverse and geographically-dispersed field team
- Experience using Salesforce and Marketo is a big plus
- Understanding of Account-based marketing
- The role is remote but will require 30-50% European travel
- European Language Skills: German or Dutch
We know it takes a unique mix of people and skills to help us in our mission to supercharge Postgres, and we understand that not everyone will check every box. We’d love to hear from you and we want you to apply!
EDB is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. EDB was built on a commitment to trust and respect each other and to embrace an array of people and ideas. These values remain at the center of our culture and are key to our company’s integrity.
Our US benefits package is listed here - additional benefits packages available upon request