Dcode was founded on the belief that technology can improve the way our government operates. Through our tech accelerator, government training courses, and more, we bring together a community of leaders across tech, government, industry, and venture capital to solve the government's most difficult problems.
Dcode’s Marketing and Communications team (light-heartedly referred to as the Ministry of Marketing) is looking for a Managing Director of Marketing and Communications who is just as obsessed with branding and taking our mission to the masses as we are! As Dcode drives real success for our customers, you will further evangelize our value proposition and develop market strategies to drive company-wide growth. In this role, you will evolve and enhance the marketing strategy for our rapidly expanding business, as well as solidify Dcode's placement as an innovative market leader.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of aligning marketing efforts with business objectives and working with other business units (product marketing, product development, sales, account teams). You have experience attracting, building, and leading high-performing marketing employees. You are also passionate about aligning with and marketing to different and distinct customer bases, such as government, tech companies, corporations, and venture capital. Our ideal candidate will serve as a core member of Dcode's leadership team to drive a comprehensive, all-of-Dcode approach to success, working directly with C-suite and other team leaders.
- Work collaboratively with C-suite and business units to set and measure clear marketing outcomes that align with company-wide goals
- Lead and develop the overall marketing strategy, creative direction, and execution to drive revenue growth and reputational value for Dcode
- Create and lead monthly marketing plans to help grow the company, expand our reach, generate demand/leads, and grow existing accounts
- Oversee the strategy and creation of external communications, branding, public relations, social media and marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing & Brand Experience Director to drive brand consistency across all marketing channels and throughout customer journeys
- Measure the effectiveness of Dcode’s marketing efforts against business goals and course-correct as needed
- Oversee the budget, team, and resources, as well as make recommendations for marketing investments
- Build and manage a high-powered marketing team, as well as drive their professional growth (including third-party marketing vendors, such as design, developers, etc.)
- Maintain strong commitment to continuously learn new innovative marketing techniques and customer acquisition strategies across new and existing platforms
Brand Awareness & Demand Generation
- Manage PR/communications, driving media engagements, public speaking, and other thought leadership efforts for the company's key executives and technology leaders
- Define and implement effective digital marketing strategies including content marketing, SEO, SEM, and social media
- Oversee content development including earned, owned digital media and offline campaigns, blogs, etc to increase our market share and brand awareness
- Create targeted marketing campaigns that drive strategic leads and revenue, and build brand reputation for each of our products
- Work intimately with the Product Marketing & Brand Experience Director to incorporate product marketing strategies and efforts into Dcode’s overarching content, communications, and brand awareness/demand generation strategies
You’ll learn something new every day in this role, and no two days will look exactly the same. We’ll teach you the ropes but ideal candidates will have:
- 10+ years of marketing experience building and leading a marketing team at a late-stage startup and/or high-growth tech company
- Proven effectiveness with PR/communications, digital marketing, content marketing, demand/lead generation, sales enablement, customer experience marketing
- Strong track record of independently and proactively identifying bold and creative new initiatives and leading their implementation
- Experience managing annual marketing budgets effectively
- Strong analytical skills to make data-driven business cases and strategies, pulling from CRMs and other marketing tools/data sources
- Proven ability to tie marketing efforts directly to sales pipelines
- Demonstrated ability to implement marketing infrastructure, including marketing automation, web marketing, business intelligence and marketing point tools
- Bonus: marketing experience in the federal/public sector
You’ll love it here if you value a culture that is:
- Fast paced and exciting
- Diverse and inclusive
- Energetic and fun
- Transparent and supportive
- Mission-driven and collaborative
We look for resilient hustlers:
Our CEO busted her face on the balance beam in college and got back up… our CSO has knocked on a thousand doors… rejected 999 times and kept on knocking. What is your story? Please provide a few short sentences on your resilient hustler story.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Dcode believes in diversity as strength. We provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital status, or other.