Job Description: Manager, Communications and Events
Today's definition of television, content streaming and digital TV is changing by the minute. Viewers are cutting their cable cords in droves and have more choice than ever before when it comes to what and where to watch their content. With change comes opportunity, and ad-supported video services are filling real market needs. Apple, HBO Netflix and Amazon Prime Video are serving as both the platform and studio green-lighting content, winning awards, and battling to keep subscribers.
At MadHive, we’re at the center of this fast-growing industry. We’ve tripled our revenue since 2019 and increased employee headcount by 75 percent. Come join our fast-growing team as we build solutions that rewrite the AdTech playbook and revolutionize how media is bought and sold.
We are looking for an experienced communications and events professional to join our Marketing team to develop and promote our corporate positioning and messaging as we continue to differentiate our brand in the market. The ideal candidate must be a dynamic communicator and natural storyteller, responsible for guiding and implementing executive and internal communications, messaging, and event execution to enhance and preserve our industry leadership position.
This role reports into the Director, Communications and Events. The role can be based in NY or remote.
The Manager, Communications and Events will work cross-functionally with sales, client success, product and culture teams. This opportunity requires excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to collaborate cross-functionally, and strong organizational skills.
- Plan and implement communications activities including press releases, talking points, messaging docs, presentations, internal communications, and more.
- Create thought leadership content, articles, and media opportunities to share our company’s brand, products, and services.
- Ensure messaging is accurate, differentiated, consistent, defensible, clear, and actionable.
- Collaborate with external agencies to share strategy, timelines, updated messaging, product developments, and ideas for content development.
- Draft and post social media content across corporate social platforms.
- Identify key events for participation and develop detailed event proposals to secure stakeholder approval, including objectives, internal and external communications, timelines, venues, vendors, and success metrics.
- Execute flawless live and virtual events and create post-event follow-ups and content.
- Coordinate sponsorships, speaking opportunities and events at industry conferences, including research, submission creation and presentation development.
- Works with vendors and internal teams to create or secure all event assets.
- Manage and evaluate the organization’s appearance at all trade shows and events.
- Manage development, production, and distribution of branded items.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a 4 year college or university.
- 2 - 4 years professional work experience in communications, PR, and/or event marketing, preferably with an adtech, advertising agency or technology company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work with and present to all levels and functions of the organization
- Strong storyteller with a passion for technology, digital marketing, data, innovation and start-up culture.
- Proven record of translating and articulating complex concepts into simple and clear message
- An engaging, outgoing personal style--enjoy working independently as well as on a team.
- The ability to project manage with remote contributors and stakeholders efficiently and effectively.
- Creative, resourceful, results oriented and collaborative team player.
- Highly organized with good follow through capabilities.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environments.
- Tenacious, energized, curious and enthusiastic self-starter; ability to be flexible and multi-task
Family Forming Benefits: Madhive offers inclusive fertility and family-forming benefits that cover all paths to parenthood — whether it is adoption, surrogacy, fertility treatments, pregnancy, or anything related through a partnership with Carrot Fertility. The benefit includes free access to Carrot membership services and employer-sponsored funds up to $10,000 to help pay for your care.