PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Manager, Advertising Operations
San Mateo, CA
The Manager, Advertising Operations is an analytically inclined strategy driver and technical master with a passion for the Gaming and Entertainment space. This is an incredible opportunity to craft the way PlayStation’s Network Advertising organization measures and drives operational excellence and growth. You help develop and lead a core practice of the Network Advertising business through partnerships with global advertising operations, client partners, client solutions, and cross-departmental teams.
With shown understanding of the advertising industry, ad tech, and the gaming & entertainment industries, you will help build and drive the success of the America’s AdOps team through leading innovation with data and technology, building collaborative relationships with cross regional and global business units. This role will be in PlayStation’s global headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
- Mentor a regional team responsible for the tasks involved with ad campaign management; setup & trafficking, performance & delivery reporting, optimization, and account planning.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve client objectives and raise awareness around campaign performance and recommendations.
- Proactively optimize ways of working to exceed client key performance indicators and drive growth and retention of our advertising clients.
- Work closely with cross-functional Managers to close the feedback loop on current campaigns and share data for future campaign setup.
- Provide input to refine product development that improves Network Advertising’s ability to exceed goals.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to work within a highly collaborative, dynamic environment
- Manage a team of 5+ people, bonus for remote management experience
- Experience interacting with advertisers, agencies, analysts and staff in high profile, business critical situations
- Proven track record of establishing goals, setting clear expectations, prioritizing activities, and timely follow through.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Eye for detail and an analytical nature; metric driven behavior with a high degree of organization
- Engaged with the latest progress and trends in ad tech!
Preferred Additional Qualifications
- Prior experience utilizing ad serving and data management systems: FreeWheel, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Snowflake, Adobe Analytics, SSP/DSPs.
- Account management or client service experience
- Solid understanding of SQL, basic HTML (or other web languages), and ad tag construction
Required Academic & Work Experience:
- BA or BS degree in a marketing or analytical field
- 8+ years of progressive advertising operations experience
- Experience in gaming, advertising, or digital media
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.