Springboard is a fast-growing startup, built by a team that is passionate about improving education and bridging the world’s skills gap. Our 100% online programs give anyone, anywhere access to a world-class education through a combination of a web-based platform, project-based learning model, and ongoing 1:1 mentorship for each student. We’ve helped thousands of learners revamp their careers and, by extension, their lives!
We’ve seen incredible revenue growth so far, driven by a talented and versatile team. We’re now looking for a Head of Marketing to join the Springboard University Partnerships team and help us grow our University Partnerships initiative by designing and implementing a marketing strategy and lead the marketing team. The ideal candidate is a data-driven, learner-acquisition and/or growth marketer, who can both think strategically and dive into the details.
As Springboard’s Head of University Marketing, you will be responsible for resource allocation and spend within the context of the business plan and you will establish processes and drive efficiency across the marketing function. You will be responsible for the design, optimization, and oversight of end-to-end digital demand generation, nurture campaigns, and conversion activities throughout the learner funnel. Reporting to the General Manager of University Partnerships, you will collaborate with internal and external cross-functional teams, create synergies, and drive results to empower Springboard and our university partners to exceed goals.
- Build and manage a marketing team, utilizing outsourced resources as appropriate during growth phases, in line with budget and business guidelines and expectations.
- Responsible for resource allocation and spend within the context of the business plan. Establish process and drive efficiency across the marketing function.
- Drive marketing strategy for learner acquisition in partnership with sales and sales operations, and oversee development of lead generation and database nurture campaigns to support the learner funnel.
- Work closely with team members/agencies and partner universities to develop marketing campaigns that reflect best practices while showcasing the university brand and programs.
- Develop and implement marketing new launch strategies, including channel diversification
- Lead the translation of the university brand guidelines to support in-market alignment with learner acquisition goals through campaigns/communication
- Develop strategy and influence university partners to activate learner acquisition channels throughout university web assets, social media, and other databases
- Have marketing experience within a university setting and working with stakeholders within the higher education industry
- Bring 5+ years of experience in marketing management driving learner/user acquisition with high-impact results; you’ve managed mid-size advertising campaigns, grown a digital audience, and owned $1M+ marketing budgets
- Are proficient with marketing automation (Marketo or HubSpot) and tracking tools (Heap, Segment)
- Have experience in marketing analytics (e.g. user acquisition funnels, LTV, CAC)
- Come with hands-on paid search/paid social experience (LinkedIn, AdWords, etc)
- Are well-versed with analytics systems, data analysis, and algorithmic attribution models; prior experience with Marketo / Hubspot / Excel and SQL / Tableau is a plus
- Excel in high-growth startup environments: you’re resourceful and scrappy, comfortable with ambiguity and challenges, proactive, resilient, opportunistic, always experimenting and exploring, and a fast learner
- Are a strong communicator who can go from research to sharing knowledge rapidly
The Springboard team of 220 works out of offices in the heart of San Francisco and Bengaluru. We’re backed by top investors, including Costanoa Ventures, Reach Capital, Learn Capital, Pearson Ventures, and the founders of LinkedIn and Princeton Review.
Working with us, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation, health insurance coverage (for employees based in California, our base plans are fully covered by Springboard; for employees based outside of California, we offer low-premium coverage), a 401k plan, a generous learning budget, team lunches and snacks, and an opportunity to impact thousands of lives alongside a fun, dedicated and mission-driven team. To learn more about our team and culture, follow us on Instagram @springboardlife!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description