Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Our growing Marketing organization is looking for an expert event leader to bring Affirm's brand to life through creative corporate events. This person will be responsible for all aspects of building our event program from defining the calendar, strategy, managing logistics and ultimately measuring success. This role will collaborate across all areas of the organization including marketing, client success, sales, finance, and our compliance and legal department. We are looking for someone who is comfortable owning their scope of work and influencing broad groups of cross-functional partners in a collaborative and dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate is a hyper-organized self-starter who knows how to build an events program from the ground up. They have experience managing both sponsored and owned events including: conferences, trade shows, executive briefings and dinners, summits, seminars, user conferences, and webinars. They expertly navigate the ever-evolving landscape of virtual vs. hybrid vs. IRL. They are a creative problem solving pro and are adaptable, tenacious, and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.What you’ll do:
- Build a corporate event program including clear objectives, target audiences, criteria for success, and measurement approach
- Collaborate closely with internal and agency teams to build comprehensive, multi-channel event strategy
- Own the event planning process from start to finish including contract negotiation and logistics
- Measure and report the business impact of the events program
- Stay on top of industry trends and be a catalyst for continuous innovation and improvement
- 5+ years in corporate events - including experience with large user conferences (1000+), virtual, hybrid and in-person events globally
- Experience with high-growth technology companies is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience working with executives
- Strong project management skills and the ability to rally cross-functional teams around a common goal and feel phenomenal about their contribution
- Experience planning events as truly integrated multi-touch marketing campaigns
- Ability to travel as needed including to event sites for multiple days
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.