Director of Product Marketing at Celonis (New York City, NY)
We're Celonis, the global leader in execution management and process mining technology, and one of the 50 most valuable private companies in the world. We believe that every company can unlock its full potential by improving the performance of their core business processes.
Product marketing at Celonis is strategic, scrappy, and tight-knit. We value leading with empathy in our interactions, working closely with each other and other teams (often deliberately delivering projects as mini teams or co-leads of two), giving back together, and making things as simple as possible.
We're looking for someone who loves products and wants to spend their time thinking about, talking about, and working on positioning them. In this role, you'll be a senior member of the platform product marketing team, reporting to the VP of Product Marketing. You will partner with our platform product leads and lead our product positioning and go-to-market strategy for capabilities at the heart of Celonis' platform: our process mining engine, data connectors, automation, and machine learning.
You'll work hand in hand with our product teams, our go-to-market teams - think sales and presales - and our marketing team.
The work you'll do:
Product positioning - and its accuracy, resonance, and adoption both internally and externally - significantly shapes the success of a product and the company as a whole.
With that in mind, product marketing at Celonis is focused on four pillars: defining and executing product positioning, messaging, and launches, enabling and supporting the go-to-market and marketing teams, informing product strategy, and driving product adoption and success.
Each product marketer owns these workstreams for their own product areas, working in close partnership with their product managers and the go-to-market teams. Each product marketer is the CMO of their product domain.
- Master the market for your product area through sales engagement, market research and competitive intelligence
- Collaborate with the product management team to strategize and launch new products and drive ongoing adoption
Develop a deep understanding of your buyers and influencers - know how they buy and their buying criteria
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates your product and can be scaled globally
Develop clear, compelling, and resonant pitch decks, demos, keynotes, and event sessions for your target audience
- Be the expert on how your product best represents the capabilities of the Celonis platform
- Know your products' value proposition and competition and coach customer facing teams on how to outmaneuver them
- Collaborate with sales, value engineering, product, and partner teams to define the go-to-market approach and drive optimal execution in collaboration with the entire organization
- Work closely with the demand generation team to develop campaigns that drive pipeline
- Collaborate with the content marketing team to develop content to drive demand in the market (solution briefs, white papers, blogs, videos, third party articles, etc.)
- Be a thought leader for your specific solution, participating in events, social media, press, and industry analyst engagements.
- 8+ years of experience working in software product management, presales, or product marketing
- BA/BS degree is required; MBA is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity with an innate desire to learn and master market dynamics, customer stories, and competitive advantage
- Excited about technical concepts and comfortable speaking with CIOs and IT audiences about their requirements
- Superb public speaking, presentation, and communication skills
- Comfortable moving easily between discussing ideas at a conceptual level and executing with strong attention to detail
- Highly logical and analytical, with an enthusiasm for connecting dots between ideas
- Proactive, with strong ownership of all the workstreams you touch
- Agile and team-oriented, ability to give and receive feedback, change tack, and collaborate with a team to achieve a goal
- A bias towards action and delivering measurable results with a consistent track record of successful projects
The base salary range below is for the role in the specified location, based on a Full Time Schedule.
Total compensation package will include base salary + bonus/commission + equity + benefits (health, dental, life, 401k, and paid time off). Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and that the actual total compensation offer will be determined based on various factors, including, but not limited to, applicant's qualifications, skills, experiences, and location.
The base salary range below is for the role in New York, based on a Full Time Schedule.
$180,000 - $229,000 USD
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, L&D platform, mentorships, and more)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (equity (restricted stock units), life insurance, time off, generous leave for new parents from day one, and more)
- Physical and mental well-being support (subsidized gym membership, access to counselling, virtual events on well-being topics, and more)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Business Resource Groups to help you feel connected, valued and seen (Black@Celonis, Women@Celonis, Parents@Celonis, Pride@Celonis, Resilience@Celonis, and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis enables customers to optimize their business processes. Powered by its leading process mining technology, Celonis provides a unique set of capabilities for business executives and users to continuously find improvement opportunities within and across processes, and execute targeted actions to rapidly enhance process performance. This optimization yields immediate cash impact, radically improves customer experience, and reduces carbon emissions. Celonis has thousands of implementations with global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with more than 20 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and equal opportunity in all aspects of employment. We will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment of any kind. We make all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other factor protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. As a US federal contractor, we are committed to the principles of affirmative action in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Different makes us better.
Accessibility and Candidate Notices