Director, PR & Communications at Imagen Technologies (Remote)
Imagen’s mission is to improve the accessibility, accuracy, and immediacy of frontline diagnostic imaging. Our Diagnostics as a Service platform improves the patient experience and empowers primary care physicians to make better, earlier diagnoses so they can deliver higher-quality care. Imagen’s Diagnostics as a Service (DaaS) platform seamlessly integrates imaging equipment, technical staff, radiologists, imaging software, and proprietary FDA-cleared AI devices at little or now cost to practices big and small. It enables modern primary care practices to quickly bring frontline imaging diagnostics to the point of care, improving the patient experience, care quality, and practice economics.
Imagen’s team includes over 100 clinical, technical and business personnel. Imagen’s software has received first-of-its-kind FDA clearances, and its research has been published in leading peer-reviewed journals. Imagen has raised $135 million in capital from investors such as Google Ventures, Casdin Capital, and Threshold Ventures. Imagen was founded in 2015 and is based in New York City.
The Director of PR and Communications has a unique opportunity to own communications strategy and execution at Imagen. In this role you will work closely with leaders to deliver Imagen’s compelling story and message to practice, patient, investor, and employee audiences. Your primary goal is to establish the diagnostics as a service product category and Imagen’s leadership position in it.
Imagen is seeking a talented Director of PR & Communications to support the rapid scaling of our awareness marketing. This individual will build out our PR, Social, Thought Leadership, and Awareness marketing. The ideal candidate will be a creative campaign strategist who loves building the plan, developing engaging content, and, your favorite, measuring the results. It’s important to have a track record of creating and leveraging content campaigns across channels to drive awareness goals.
- Oversee all aspects of our efforts to create awareness for our product category, company, and offering
- Seek out, write, and tell stories in new and fresh ways that generate positive attention and momentum from influencers, prospects, and customers
- Create a content strategy, development, and placement program that captures relevant audiences and introduces them to Imagen and DaaS
- Build and nurture media and influencer relationships to grow media and influencer coverage
- Build and manage a high performing partner network of agencies and copywriters to deliver measurable PR and influencer results
- Build and manage a social media presence, including blog, and cultivate a large audience of influencers, industry leaders, and customers
- Collaborate with clinical, research, and product teams to synthesize data/content and translate into accurate, compelling, newsworthy stories
- Create and manage an editorial/content calendar for external and internal communications, including social media
- Track and report out on performance to measure success and business impact
- Coach key Imagen leaders to help them become industry thought leaders
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of experience leading content-driven PR, social, and awareness campaigns
- First rate writing skills with an ability to quickly capture and structure a compelling narrative for a given audience
- Deep understanding of how the news media work and how to drive earned attention and coverage as well as how to respond to media outreach - positive and negative
- Deep understanding of how social media and influencers work and how to drive earned attention
- Critical thinker with a proven track record of finding and pitching the story, ideally with existing relationships with media outlets as well as social influencers.
- Ability to set communications strategy, priorities and executional plans that measurably move the needle for the business
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, able to balance the big picture with getting the important things right
- Foster an environment that promotes and values diversity and inclusion, where people from all backgrounds can do their best work
- Proven ability to build, engage and motivate a team of communication marketers
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
Our headquarters are based in New York, NY and this job is conducted remotely.
The base salary range for the position is between $170,000 - $190,000, plus equity, commission, and benefits. Please note that the base salary range is a guideline, and individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location.
Imagen is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Imagen will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.