Director of Brand Strategy and Growth at Qualtrics
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses to attract customers who stay longer and buy more, to engage and empower employees to do the best work of their lives, to develop breakthrough products people love, and to build a brand people can’t imagine living without.
Joining Qualtrics means becoming part of a team bold enough to chase breakthrough experiences - like building a technology that will be a force for good. A team committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion because of a conviction that every voice holds value, with a vision for representation that matches the world around us and inclusion that far exceeds it. You could belong to a team whose values center on transparency, being all in, having customer obsession, acting as one team, and operating with scrappiness. All so you can do the best work of your career.
We believe every interaction is an opportunity. Are we yours?The Challenge
At Qualtrics, we’re for breakthrough experiences and those bold enough to chase them. As we continue to lead the category of Experience Management, we are investing in brand-driven growth in order to create more effective top-of-funnel marketing strategies, drive broader audience relevance, and broaden existing perceptions of the Qualtrics brand. To help meet these objectives, we’re hiring a Director of Brand Strategy & Growth to join our Brand Team at Qualtrics.
The Brand Team’s purpose is to build and sustain the most relevant, inclusive, and compelling global brand in technology. The Director of Brand Strategy & Growth will contribute to that purpose by:
- Building and utilizing a foundation of strategic insights to position the Qualtrics brand for continued growth;
- Developing motions including brand campaigns, signature brand moves, and audience awareness plays to improve the awareness and consideration of the Qualtrics brand;
- Partnering with teams across the company to innovate in ways that win the trust and love of buyers, users, and the Qualtrics community more broadly.
Reporting to the Global Head of Brand, this person will be accountable for building and managing a team of direct reports in brand strategy and brand growth, and will work closely with teams within and across Marketing to develop insights, make decisions, and take action based on both strategic and empirical foundations.
The ideal candidate will have a strong business acumen, organizational aptitude, SaaS industry knowledge, interpersonal maturity, work ethic, and confusion tolerance. They’ll also have a desire to balance strategic contributions with a day-to-day “get it done” bias for action.
And because we believe it’s about getting it right rather than being right, this person should also have a firm conviction about both the strengths of the Qualtrics brand and the areas where we have to be honest about improving, growing, and changing as we continue on our journey.Expectations for Success
- Steward and continually innovate a compelling, category-defining brand positioning that makes the case for the relevance of Experience Management, conveys Qualtrics’ differentiation, and inspires and clarifies who we are to customers and employees
- Develop a “future-proof” brand architecture builds upon existing equities, enables portfolio clarity and navigation, and accommodates future organic and inorganic growth, and partner with Corporate Development to activate it in an M&A context
- Partner with Product Marketing to develop a product nomenclature system that drives internal consistency and customer clarity across the portfolio
- Liaise with teams in Product Marketing and across Qualtrics to provide input and guidance when these teams require product, service, experience, or event naming
- Partner with the People Team to continually innovate and increase the relevance of the Qualtrics talent brand and ensure connectivity to the overall Qualtrics brand
- Partner with Research Services team to design and execute quantitative and qualitative audience research in service of brand strategy
- Lead the development of a Brand Intelligence function, accountable for brand tracking, bringing the voice of the customer into brand decision making, and showcasing the value of the Qualtrics BrandXM product among our employee and customer base
- Partner with Growth Team to develop campaigns and other communications strategies aimed at expanding audience awareness and consideration of Qualtrics
- Continually develop a perspective on brand moves we can make in the marketplace to have incredible impact on our business and brand in light of customer insight
- Provide recommendations to Head of Brand and Executive Creative Director on potential evolutions to the visual and verbal identity to continually move the brand forward
- Partner with Regions to begin to localize the brand for our EMEA and APJ regions, and develop documentation on region-specific brand strategy elements
- Lead strategic and creative work with key agency partners as required
- Analyze, monitor and report on the category landscape among our competitors and in SaaS more broadly each quarter to determine SWOT for the Qualtrics brand
- Translate data insights into actions and recommendations, including weaving together a narrative from multiple sources of data from different teams
- 7+ years experience driving and executing best-in-class strategic and creative work in a management consultancy or agency context, or within the marketing organization of a world-class, well-loved consumer or SaaS brand
- A passion for brand, and a strong perspective on what makes a strong brand
- Expertise in brand strategy, strategic thinking & framing, and opportunity assessment
- Strong business acumen and an insatiable curiosity to continue to learn
- A desire to push the boundaries of brand experience to build relevance and excitement
- Deep human empathy and excellent cross-functional collaboration skills
- A working understanding of empirical and qualitative research methods and their linkages to strategy, storytelling, and decision making
- Experience building and leading high-performing teams in a high-growth environment
- An excellent communicator and compelling storyteller, including experience presenting to - and being accountable for feedback from - with senior leaders
- Highly collaborative, a great listener, and able to work across geographies
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and executional level; ideate and directly execute
- Positive outlook, curious, desire to learn and grow and team player
- Brings a strong passion for the Qualtrics brand, SaaS, and high growth companies
- Demonstrated upward professional growth trajectory
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical - employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories