Who We Are
At 8th Light, we take a human-centered design (HCD) approach to software development, collaborating with the people writing the code as well as those using it. We embrace the need for adaptability in a constantly changing world. We specialize in hiring and developing technical talent allowing for and nurturing a conducive environment for growth — where people feel supported to thrive. This part of our culture extends to our Marketing function as well, where there is an opportunity to wear many hats and gain a depth and breadth of experience.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be instrumental in helping 8th Light communicate and expand on its brand messaging and strategy through several digital channels. You will execute the digital marketing strategy and foster an engaged audience via various channels. Additionally, this role translates business strategies into key messages, develops appropriate communications initiatives in support of those strategies, and executes and drives programs that create excitement, drive engagement, align teams, and shape culture.
Who You Are
As a proven communications specialist, you have a demonstrated ability to execute communications plans, leverage strong writing skills, and tap into a natural ability to think strategically while delivering tactical results. This role helps create a best-in-class communications function across our work that fuels audience engagement, influences connectivity, and fosters brand affinity. In addition, you…
- Identify target audiences and devise digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate with creativity and innovation
- Possess outstanding oral and written communications skills including superior writing, grammar, editing, and proofreading skills
- Demonstrate an ability to think analytically and to develop solutions that meet the business needs of the organization
- Have a strong attention to detail with excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while consistently delivering high quality results on-time and on-budget
- Describe yourself as a highly self-motivated, persuasive, priority-driven, and collaborative candidate
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in small and large groups
- Work effectively with partners and staff at all levels, as a strong team player
What You’ll Do At 8th Light
As the Digital Marketing Manager, you will support our marketing programming efforts. Reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and executing all channel marketing, including email, social media, database marketing, and display advertising campaigns.
- Maintaining consistent brand messaging throughout all platforms.
- Brainstorming new and creative growth strategies through digital marketing.
- Designing, building, and maintaining our social media presence.
- Creating email blast campaigns to target key audiences.
- Managing content for the company intranet, ensuring that it is up-to-date, engaging, and informative.
- Measuring and reporting on performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assessing against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identifying trends and insights, and optimizing spend and performance based on the insights.
Ideal Requirements Include:
We work across many areas, and encourage anyone with the experience mentioned above to apply. Given our consistent growth and recent business needs, we would particularly like to encourage applicants with experience in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- 4+ years of relevant communications experience; work experience in a consulting firm, agency, or other professional services firm strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated previous experience in writing and editing marketing content; experience with web and digital content preferred.
- Experience managing branded social media accounts and proficiency with Google Analytics and HTML-based content management systems
- Paid media experience and social media certifications a STRONG plus
We recognize that creating a truly diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization is an ongoing journey, and we’re excited to share our journey with you. We have a proud tradition of hiring talented colleagues with unusual career experiences. We're more interested in your experiences, results, and impact than brand names, degrees, or keywords that may appear on your resume. We appreciate your time in completing a few application questions to help us get to know you better.
8th Light is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.