Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Paxful is a financial company set up to give everyone equal access to finance. Our platform supports over seven million global users. Paxful is searching for a Communications Manager, Public Relation to join our Marketing team and you will be charged with shaping how Paxful is perceived. Education within the industry is vital and you’ll be tasked with building strategies that communicate the benefits of cryptocurrency and peer-to-peer finance. You will also work closely with international agencies to build and sustain the global reputation of Paxful.You will be based out of our New York office and report to our Associate Director, Public Relations.
As a key member of our team, your responsibilities will entail:
- Work closely with the Associate Director, Public Relations to develop Paxful's media strategy around the world.
- Partner with international PR agencies to support ongoing regional efforts.
- Provide counsel and support to the executive team on various media and speaking engagements.
- Identify and train company spokespeople in key regions.
- Craft company messages and short-term content that directly map to Paxful’s mission.
- Partner with multiple departments across the company on various business initiatives, e.g. our Peer Program to identify and highlight user stories.
- Monitor the financial media landscape and shape relevant stories that support the company’s narrative.
- Conduct proactive/reactive media outreach and build relationships in the financial and tech space.
The most important skill and capabilities for this role are:
- You are knowledgeable and/or curious about the financial media landscape and stay up to date with the latest industry news.
- You're both strategic and hands-on: able to figure out how to get to where we need to be and also happy to do the work that gets us there.
- You're a quick thinker, able to understand complex issues and communicate them clearly.
- You know a good story and how to tell it.
- At least 3-5 years in public relations and/or media relations.
- Strong experience of the financial and/or business media landscape.
- Passion for working for a mission driven organization.
- Background in building media strategy and pitching relevant stories to the financial press.
- Experience of issues management.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits, flexible spending account, and 401(k) with 4% company matching
- Flexible working hours and generous paid time off
- Gym membership, massage, chiropractor, or other reimbursements (personal training, dance classes, etc.)
- Learning and development reimbursement (including online courses, certifications, conferences, seminars, etc.)
- One day a year to volunteer and serve your community
- Parental leave, including a one-time bonus to support a newborn, adoption, or foster placement
- Paxful's COVID response: remote work, company-wide online events and weekly meal credits
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.