Associate Director, Dropship Product Manager at Chewy
Chewy is looking for a Associate Director, Product Manager to join our Drop Ship Team based out of Dania Beach, FL. The Associate Director will lead the development of the technical and analytical tools needed to maximize the customer and vendor experience. The role will lead the collaboration with cross functional stakeholders in Supply Chain, Merchandising, and IT to scope projects and own the features for the Drop Ship organization.
This leader will provide project and product management services to stakeholders and be the main point of contact for the Drop Ship needs of the supply chain organization. This role will take all the needs and convert them into requirements and communicate effectively with IT. One of the main objectives is to ensure that the business and IT roadmaps are in sync and reflect the priorities and goals of the Supply Chain organization. The candidate for this role will require an understanding of Drop Ship capabilities and must be able to analyze data, create data models, create high-level project updates, prioritize feature sets and above all else maintain consistent and clear communication with all stakeholders. The ideal candidate would also possess working knowledge on the functional areas of inventory management, outbound transportation, ecommerce lifecycle, and a general understanding of ecommerce tech ecosystem.
This person will be responsible for sourcing business user requirements, creating end-to-end test plans, executing test scripts, simulating production scenarios, and managing testing activities to ensure that all products and services meet organization standards. The solution should be tested in terms of functionality, performance, reliability, stability, and compatibility with other legacy and/or external systems.
What you'll do:
- Learn business processes and translate them to business requirements, user stories and system design to understand all facets related to development requests.
- Take decisions to autonomously complete tasks within the track owned for a given system.
- Identifies risks, issues, potential defects, or defects in any phase of the project life cycle and managing them through closure.
- Manage release of intermediates change requests and final products in accordance with the approved systems, procedures, and specifications.
- Ensuring process validation and qualification requirements are established in approved protocols and results of the validation are adequately documented in test reports.
- Understand business enhancement requirements and create high-quality user acceptance test cases to ensure accuracy and quality of the IT delivered product.
- Creates efficient test strategies for simulating test scenarios with clear intent to include specification for test data and environments to validate system functionality.
- Co-ordinate testing within the project, establish timelines for successful completion and communicate bugs to developers and other stakeholders.
- Provides project stakeholders information relevant to make/influence decisions that may improve quality of the applications.
- Participate in system implementation projects (requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation/execution, issue identification and resolution)
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver systems enhancements.
- Provide support to end users as priority when it impacts business or provide a Standard Operating Procedure manual for systems that he/she owns.
- Own creation, management and reporting of key metrics (KPIs) for the system owned.
What you'll need:
- Master’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Information Systems, or MBA.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to code and read Python and use SQL for data analysis and modeling.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft suite of office products, including Word, Excel pivot table, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- 5-7 years of experience in supply chain including working on a system implementation/optimization as the business subject-matter expert.
- 5-7 years of experience implementing through full system implementation life cycles (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support) supporting a supply chain department.
- Bachelor's degree in Business: Supply Chain, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in Product tools such as Atlassian Tools – Confluence and JIRA.
- Experience in Project Management frameworks such as MoSCoW, Gantt, RACI, etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools including Tableau.
- Prior experience with working or designing Drop Ship systems.
- Prior experience with Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- E-commerce background is a plus
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]