Acquisition Marketing Associate, Partnership Marketing at M1 Finance
Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our boring, entrenched, and slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $5 billion of assets, we’re currently helping hundreds of thousands of people grow and manage their wealth with our industry-leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say, “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a passionate, detail-oriented, analytical, resourceful, charismatic, and customer-centric acquisition-focused growth marketer to join our Marketing team as a Partner Marketing Associate.
This role will be responsible for acquiring our target customers through partner marketing, including work with affiliates, influencers, and direct buy partnerships. It will involve both day-to-day hands-on and high-level work in strategizing and executing existing and new relationship management, optimization, and growth to reach tangible company goals.
Our ideal candidate is a fast-learning, partner marketer with 2-4 years of agency or equivalent brand-side experience managing affiliate, influencer, or other partnership marketing channels.
The candidate is both an extroverted people-person who loves creating and nurturing relationships and a data-driven numbers guru, with a successful track record of meeting and exceeding goals while designing & driving high-performance programs in a fast-paced environment, with a strong understanding of the supporting data & systems. They will not only maintain and grow our existing program, but proactively look for ways to improve it and build upon it in new, unique ways.
What you’ll do
- Drive both partner and customer acquisition towards marketing growth goals across our partner marketing channels: affiliates, influencer, direct buys, and hybrid deals in partnership with partner marketing managers
- Outreach, nurture, manage, and evaluate affiliate and influencer relationships; Collaborate on strategic partnerships
- Develop and execute affiliate promotions, special offers, and other initiatives
- Scale and automate the partner marketing programs, implementing CRM solutions to identify, vet, nurture, and grow the program
- Maintain and build affiliate and other partner communications, which include, but are not limited to: day-to-day email communications, monthly affiliate newsletters, approving promotional content, and attending any relevant events throughout the year.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Data Analytics, Operations, Finance, Compliance, and other teams to identify opportunities and build features that will support new user acquisition.
- Use data to analyze partnerships, opportunities, promotions, and more
- Be a team-player, helping both the wider Marketing Team and entire M1 Team accomplish their respective goals.
- 2-4 years of experience in B2C demand generation working on a high-performing team at an agency or company with aggressive acquisition growth goals across clear metrics
- Proven experience in managing and scaling partner marketing programs
- Experience running affiliate and/or influencer promotional offers and managing key strategic relationships
- Analytical and structured thinker who can conceive salient ideas from complex information and clearly communicate those ideas to stakeholders using both data and big-picture concepts.
- Charismatic, extroverted people-person with high emotional intelligence and passion for creating and nurturing relationships; excellent communication, sales, and persuasion skills
- Experience with analytics and data tools; an Excel wizard
- Goal and results oriented and driven. Does not confuse action with motion.
- Experience and understanding of finance or the finance industry is a plus (inclusive of the compliance requirements therein). Demonstrated interest in personal finance is a big plus.
- Salesforce, Impact Radius, Upfluence experience a plus (and/or similar tools)
- An entrepreneurial mindset and willingness to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while seeing the positive, humor, and fun opportunity in challenges.
- Proactive self-starter who takes extreme ownership in life and at work, not allowing excuses, finger-pointing, or roadblocks to get in the way of progress and continued self and team improvement.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment with a “Figure It Out” (FIO) mentality
- Team-player who takes as much pride in seeing their team win as they do in seeing themselves win.
M1's Commitment to Diversity
M1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate different experiences and we're committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) at all levels of the company. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. With our three DEI task forces (internal education, recruiting, and community involvement), M1 employees and leaders set aside company time to tackle DEI projects and achieve goals every quarter.
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits of our actions
- Team-oriented: In working together, we maintain a low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud of our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according to our values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Competitive Pay and Stock Options
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- Unlimited PTO
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication with leadership
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym