Manager, Project Management for Platform Well Managed Team
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Project Management for Platform Well Managed Team
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering flawlessly executed, highly regulated customer experiences for our growing customer base of 80 million cardholders and over $550 billion in payments annually. Additionally, you will work with product managers, software engineers, and business analysts to ensure that technology and processes deliver breakthrough business results that radically transform how we manage customers' money. You will serve as the subject matter expert for both direct and indirect payment channels using multiple tenders like ACH, Debit, Wires, and Check for our existing customer base and new portfolios associated with partnership acquisitions. You will monitor data trends to measure effectiveness and install necessary benchmarks or thresholds to ensure data integrity. You will inform and gain buy-in from key stakeholders concerning the utilization of process to ensure appropriate execution each time.
On any given day you will be:
- Designing, developing, managing and leading product operations initiatives in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements and serving as a subject matter expert
- Partnering cross-functionally with internal customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive results
- Building relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Distilling big picture intent into pragmatic requirements and implementation plans
- Intimately understanding the heart of specific product operations and represent the voice of that operation to multiple product teams and internal stakeholder groups while taking into account the broader end to end Card and Enterprise risk management needs
- Participating in developing products, benefits definition, management of changes in the operational environment
- Ensuring the day-to-day delivery of key functions required for managing customer accounts while problem solving with the team and key stakeholders
- Creating and delivering presentations to senior management. Guiding and influencing senior management discussions and decisions
The Successful Candidate:
- Thinks strategically, understands the big picture but is also able to execute flawlessly with close attention to detail
- Builds strong relationships, influences across levels and functions, and delivers great results through others
- Asks the tough questions and challenges the status quo
- Solves complex problems and drives action across the organization
- Has a bias towards action, tries things and sometimes fails. You work in a hybrid agile framework and coordinate iterative delivery with a focus on results
- Thinks end-to-end and puts the customer first
- Understands regulation and operational risk
- Is technology fluent (or conversational) - need to be able to work in a technology world and ask great questions of product and systems engineering counterparts
- Has experience automating processes and delivering improvements
- Leverages analytical, risk, and process management skills to improve customer outcomes and increase our efficiency
- Represents the organization well across the company and externally; enhances the organization's brand
- Promotes values and philosophies that are well understood and are contagious in all directions organizationally resulting in positive influence across teams and groups
- Creates high levels of energy and motivation throughout challenges and obstacles
- Develops strong relationships with product leaders and other stakeholders
- Seeks to be a part of diverse, inclusive team where there is an emphasis on caring for the customer, associate well-being and fostering strong relationships
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Process management, Project management, Product operations or Product delivery
- At least 3 years of experience working with analytical, data management or software engineering teams
- At least 2 years of experience of stakeholder or relationship management
- Masters Degree
- Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Business Process Management, or certification
- 5+ years of experience in Process management, Product operations/delivery or Marketing delivery
- 5+ years of experience working with analytical, data management or software engineering teams
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).