Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
The VP, Legal, NeueHealth role will be the chief legal counsel to the NeueHealth business. The role will oversee a talented team of lawyers, compliance, and support professionals. The VP, Legal will be a strategic partner to the NeueHealth CEO and Executive Team.
- Manage the day-to-day legal matters of NeueHealth’s business, including advising on legal and regulatory matters and developing, advising on, and supporting the implementation of corporate risk mitigation strategies.
- Advise on NeueHealth compliance program strategy, including escalated compliance matters that present legal or regulatory risk to the company.
- Provide legal, legislative, and regulatory guidance to the NeueHealth executive team to assist with the business strategy.
- Immediately and independently step into an advisory role with senior leadership.
- Assist NeueHealth’s Corporate Development team with mergers and acquisition opportunities, primarily with respect to due diligence and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals and post-transaction integration activities of legal and regulatory functions.
- Maintain subject matter expertise regarding applicable state and federal law and regulations applicable to NeueHealth’s businesses – medical practices, MSOs, value based care, government programs and other third party clients, and networks.
- Interface with legal department counterparts in other Bright Health Group business units to address enterprise-wide legal issues.
- Assess and mitigate business risks with a legal and regulatory impact.
- Work with other NeueHealth business areas regarding significant matters that cut across organization.
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory changes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor.
- 10+ years of experience practicing law, with experience as a diversified healthcare attorney for most of that time.
- Significant experience managing high functioning teams.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Strong team leadership skills.
- Proficiency with health law and the application of federal and state regulations to the operations of the types of businesses managed by NeueHealth.
- Exceptional track record of navigating legal matters within organizations.
- Experience with health care enforcement and compliance matters.
- Collaborative problem solving skills.
- Attention to details.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Active, unrestricted license to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
It is expected that this position will be performed in an office setting. Subject to company policy and management approval, the VP, Legal, NeueHealth position may be performed remotely in the near-term future as a result of safety concerns related to COVID-19. Some travel may be required, contingent upon company policies related to management of COVID-19 risks.
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.