Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
A dynamic, high-growth, newly-IPO’d technology company that serves a passionate community of developers, teams, and small to medium-sized businesses all around the world, is searching for a tech transaction attorney to join its growing legal team. This is an outstanding opportunity for an attorney who strives for high impact and can help own and support critical agreements across the company. This role will partner with growing infrastructure, procurement, and sales and marketing business teams to help develop, procure, deploy, and sustain cloud related technologies worldwide.
Reporting to the Head of Product Legal, this attorney will be an integral member of a high-performing and growing legal team as the company experiences rapid expansion. This is a remote opportunity where executives will consider candidates located anywhere in the U.S., but candidates residing in New York or the Seattle/San Francisco Bay Area are preferred. Occasional travel to the company’s New York headquarters will accompany this role once employees have safely returned to the office.
This is a rare opportunity for an exceptional lawyer who is excited about changing the world through technology. The role offers tremendous responsibility and diversity working with world-class attorneys and executives. If you want amazing work, the ability to make an impact and the opportunity to solve critical company issues, this role is for you.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements across hardware, services and software, and licensing deals, as well as building the sales contract function
- Working closely with infrastructure, sales and marketing, and procurement teams to understand business requirements and changing business needs
- Advising and negotiating key strategic deals and partnerships, both on a domestic and international scale
- Working closely with relevant business units on the legal aspects of product development, marketing programs, and other technology initiatives
- 4-7 years’ of legal experience (in house and law firm) with strong academic credentials
- Experience working on technology transactions, including hardware, services, software, SaaS, data center, sales, marketing, sponsorship, and other licensing and commercial agreements
- Experience or familiarity in simplifying and scaling contracting processes, including creating contract flows, approvals, and templates
- Interest or familiarity with data privacy and security, including GDPR and CCPA
- Interest or familiarity with cloud computing services and/or IT infrastructure
- Must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work collaboratively across numerous departments and all levels of a fast-growing international organization
- Strong work ethic and interest in process improvement/simplification
- Confidence in judgment, abilities and decision making
- JD and State Bar membership (in good standing)
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*This is a remote role
For all CO residents, please click here
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!