By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Dave (Nasdaq: DAVE) is on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. Our banking app comes with no minimum balance or overdraft fees, new job opportunities, and helps members access up to $500 advances without paying a fee. With a growing suite of tools and services and over 6 million members, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck. We’re looking for high performers to be part of our journey to bring access to financial opportunity for everyone.
As Senior Product & Regulatory Counsel, you will be responsible for providing legal guidance to our Product, Engineering, Marketing and Design teams in connection with financial product development initiatives. You will partner with these internal teams to develop new products, advising on legal risk and compliance with applicable law, including consumer financial and payments laws and regulations.
What You'll Do
- Provide timely, concise, and business-focused legal advice on federal and state payments and/or banking laws, rules and regulations
- Provide guidance to our Product and Engineering teams as an embedded partner in order to successfully launch compelling and compliant products and services
- Partner with and support our Marketing and Design teams, advising on marketing collateral and product claims
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry, consumer protection, and advertising laws and regulations to ensure an ongoing ability to provide sound advice
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders
What You'll Need
- J.D. degree and a state bar member in good standing
- 7+ years of experience, preferably with some in-house experience
- Familiarity and experience with payments, banking and FinTech legal issues, including the laws, rules and regulations applicable to banks, bank partners, and/or the participants in the payments ecosystem, including processors and program managers
- Excellent organization and project management skills, and the ability to independently prioritize multiple simultaneous projects with different deadlines
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop positive relationships with internal partners, including senior company executives and external stakeholders
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. Go ahead and apply – we’d love to hear from you.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
• Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
• Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Financial advisor and financial wellness support
• Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
• All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Read Full Job Description