We are hiring an Employment Law attorney to support our growing organization. We have dual headquarters in New York and Munich, with employees also in 15 other countries. We have over 2000 employees and are looking to double this number this year. The attorney we hire will work with the Assistant General Counsel, Global Employment Law and Compliance to provide legal advice to the People Team on a wide range of employment law issues, and help develop, enhance and scale our Ethics and Compliance program. A successful candidate will be expected to provide pragmatic, creative, collaborative and solution-oriented legal support throughout the company globally; will have a strong business sense and have experience working as a self-starter in an environment that is fast-paced, business and results-oriented, and team focused.
The work you'll do:
- Provide pragmatic and scalable advice Human Resources on a broad range of employment matters, including recruiting, hiring, leave and accommodation management, benefits, employee relations, restrictive covenants, discipline, wage and hour, contingent workforce, diversity and job restructuring
- Create and update global policies, templates, employment agreements, separation and settlement agreements, and other employment-related documents.
- Support the continuous improvement of Human Resources related processes to maximize efficiencies, while providing adequate safeguards.
- Respond to and resolve disputes before administrative complaints or lawsuits are filed
- Collaborate cross-functionally to design and implement best-in-class, scalable programs and processes to maximize compliance with relevant laws and policies, such as anti-bribery, anti-corruption, and avoiding conflicts of interest
- Help build out and improve our ethics/whistleblowing hotline and case management system. Lead efforts to encourage a Speak Up Culture for employees to raise concerns or questions.
- Investigate reports of possible violations of law or Code of Conduct and related policies including harassment, discrimination, conflicts of interest, fraud, etc.
- Keep up-to-date on changes to applicable laws and best practices for employment law and ethics and compliance programs; recommend and implement improvements to policies and processes that promote the company's goals.
- Monitor performance and effectiveness of the compliance programs
- Drive the development of a global training plan for employment law and compliance issues, and help Human Resources and business leaders understand the issues
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits of employment-related policies and processes
- Provide employment support in mergers and acquisitions, including due diligence and post-close integration
The qualifications you need:
- JD and membership in good standing with at least one state bar
- 6+ years of employment law experience in law firm or in-house legal department (preferably experience in both)
- Experience working cross-functionally and leading projects
- Experience, or at least exposure to, international employment law and labor issues, and U.S. government contractor OFCCP/affirmative action compliance
- Experience with innovative, hypergrowth technology company is a plus
- Ability to pragmatically weigh risks and benefits of complex situations
- Attitude that no project is too big or too small
- Comfort working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills with ability to provide clear guidance that influences internal stakeholders, including executives
- Ability to prioritize, organize and work efficiently and independently in a high-volume, results-oriented environment
- Ability to confidently interact with business leaders and Human Resources professionals across the enterprise
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborative professional and strategic thinker who sees the big picture
- Must be admitted to practice law and a member in good standing of a state bar
What Celonis can offer you:
- The unique opportunity to work within a new category of technology, Execution Management
- Investment in your personal growth and skill development (clear career paths, internal mobility opportunities, mentorships, yearly development stipend)
- Great compensation and benefits packages (stock options, 401(K) matching, generous time off, parental leave, and more)
- Work from home support (mindfulness tools such as Headspace, monthly remote working stipend, flexible working hours, virtual events and workshops)
- A global and growing team of Celonauts from diverse backgrounds to learn from and work with
- An open-minded culture with innovative, autonomous teams
- Employee resource communities to help you feel connected, valued and seen ([email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], and more)
- A clear set of company values that guide everything we do: Live for Customer Value, The Best Team Wins, We Own It, and Earth Is Our Future
Celonis believes that every company can unlock its full execution capacity. Powered by its market-leading process mining core, the Celonis Execution Management System provides a set of applications, and developer studio and platform capabilities for business executives and users to eliminate billions in corporate inefficiencies. Celonis has thousands of global customers and is headquartered in Munich, Germany and New York City, USA with 15 offices worldwide.
Celonis is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Different makes us better .