Who We Are:
Zearn is the nonprofit educational organization behind Zearn Math, the top-rated math learning platform used by 1 in 4 elementary students nationwide. Zearn Math supports teachers with research-backed curriculum and digital lessons proven to double the learning gains of a typical year of instruction. Our instructional materials – including 400+ hours of digital math learning – are free for teachers and families. Zearn also offers school- and district-wide licenses and professional development to support implementation. Everything Zearn does is driven by the belief that every kid can be a math kid.
Learn more about us at https://about.zearn.org/.
The Zearn Legal team is growing rapidly and we are looking for a Paralegal who can provide outstanding support and provide needed leverage to the team. In this role, the paralegal will assist Zearn’s in-house counsel on a wide range of legal matters, including those related to contracts, corporate governance, and policy documents. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Zearn’s mission, extremely organized and detail-oriented, and operate proactively in a fast-paced and growing environment. In our highly collaborative environment, you will team up with talented and passionate colleagues to help Zearn ensure outstanding math education access to all.
What This Role Will Do:
- Provide support to in-house attorneys
- Draft correspondence and other written materials for review by in-house attorneys, including editing, proofreading and reviewing documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Manage and maintain the Company’s online contract database, and legal team workflows therein
- Facilitate contract signing workflows and assist with maintaining digital records
- Liaise with in-house attorneys and business team members to manage contract pipelines and maintain organized records of all executed contracts
- Design, recommend, and implement new processes and procedures to increase the legal team’s efficiency and organization
- Work with other departments on an as-needed basis (e.g., Finance, insurance renewals)
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from our internal and external stakeholders
- Support corporate governance processes, including general record keeping, preparation of resolutions, minutes, and other materials, and vote tracking
- Other tasks and projects as needed by the Legal team
What You’ll Bring To The Role:
- 5+ years corporate paralegal experience at a law firm, in-house legal department, or a combination of both
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
- Paralegal certificate (ABA Approved) strongly preferred but not required
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams
- Excellent tech skills, including G-Suite applications and Slack
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and highly team-oriented
- Notary public in good standing in New York state preferred, or willingness to become one (Zearn would support)
- A desire to collaborate and a proven ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong writing and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively internally (with all levels of the organization) and externally
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Experience working on highly-confidential, sensitive matters and managing information related thereto accordingly
- Organized and self-sufficient individual able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to adapt and willingness to work on a variety of matters
- Exceptional level of accuracy, superb attention to detail and excellent proofreading skills
- A commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children
- A desire to join an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment at a high-growth organization
- The willingness to comply with Zearn's vaccination (subject to legally valid exemptions) and Personal Protective Equipment requirements
The is a remote role however you may be asked to travel as needed for business or for team building purposes.
Compensation & Benefits:
We offer a competitive benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, 401K matching, parental leave, a generous Holiday policy and a flexible PTO policy. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
Zearn is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.