Legal Director, Corporate at Chainalysis
The Legal team at Chainalysis advises both internal and external stakeholders on the forefront of cryptocurrency and its constantly evolving landscape. Our job is to ensure the company continues its rapid growth by employing sound and efficient judgment to support operations around the company and influence a groundbreaking industry as it matures and becomes more widely adopted.
The Legal Director, Corporate knows what it’s like to counsel high-growth companies on matters related to corporate transactions, financings, securities law, equity, corporate governance and compliance. They’re an expert in U.S. securities laws, including SEC reporting, and have sound business judgment. We measure success by how you oversee and enable smart growth for the organization.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if you’ve…
- Acted as lead counsel for all matters related to corporate governance and securities law
- Designed and implemented the policies, procedures and controls related to corporate and securities law compliance, governance and disclosure matters
- Advised and taken ownership of corporate governance policies and matters, including reviewing and preparing Board and Committee agendas and materials, assisting with meeting preparation and drafting of minutes, and ensuring compliance with policies and charter documents
- Advised on important strategic transactions, including equity financings, M&A and partnerships
- Collaborated with Product counsel on the design of policies regarding external communication and reviewed press releases, investor presentations and significant internal communications
- Advised on executive compensation programs
- Overseen and advised on legal issues related to the company's equity plan
- Collaborated with the Finance team regarding matters related to the company’s financial statements, internal audit, SOX controls and financings
- Collaborated with the General Counsel, other members of the legal team and other teams across the company with respect to the overall legal and compliance functions for the company.
- Assisted in oversight of the subsidiary management program, including international expansion
- Supported corporate development activities and general corporate matters
A background like this helps:
- Juris Doctorate degree and relevant legal experience related to corporate governance and securities (required)
- Experience advising a company through all phases of the IPO process
- Demonstrated track record of working with and earning the trust and confidence of executives at high-growth technology companies
- Experience advising and leading the execution of complex corporate transactions
- Excellent ability to anticipate and mitigate risk
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant’s Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - USA
All employees are required to have or obtain a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment at Chainalysis, unless an exemption has been approved. All employees shall be required to report their vaccine status. All new employees shall be required to provide proof of their vaccination status prior to the start of their employment.
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - EMEA
As an employer, Chainalysis is obliged to ensure a healthy and safe working environment. This means that we must try to prevent the coronavirus from spreading inside the workplace and all employees are obliged to follow the local regulations issued by the relevant health authorities.
- To help support a safe work environment, we encourage all employees in EMEA to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Employees will not be required to attend an event or in-person customer meeting.
- Employees in the EU and the UK are allowed to travel internationally for internal meetings to any country deemed “green or amber” by the EU and the UK authorities. All attendees for Chainalysis in-person events or meetings will be required to adhere to the following guidelines:
- International travel will only be permitted if you receive approval from both your manager and Executive Leader
- You must familiarize yourself and comply with any screening/safety protocols imposed by the entity/individual hosting the in-person meeting or event
- You must comply with any and all safety guidelines and travel restrictions established by applicable law
- If you are in close or proximate contact with others at the event/customer site and test positive for COVID-19, you must immediately notify the People Team and avoid contact with others for 10 days
Chainalysis COVID-19 Policy - APAC
With circumstances changing on a regular basis and parts of our APAC team going in and out of mandatory lockdown, APAC will continue to follow country legislation and guidelines.