Head of Legal - Remote - USA at FullStack Labs (Charlotte, NC)
| Charlotte, NC
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:38 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, September 13, 2022
FullStack Labs is the fastest-growing software consultancy in the Americas. We help organizations like Uber, GoDaddy, MGM, Siemens, Stanford University, and the State of California, build distributed software development teams, and deliver transformational digital solutions. As an employee-first company, we focus on hiring the most talented software designers and developers in the western hemisphere, by creating a positive, respectful, and supportive work environment where they can achieve their greatest potential.
We’re most proud of:
*Offering life-changing career opportunities to talented software professionals across the Americas.
*Building highly-skilled software development teams for hundreds of the world’s greatest companies.
*Having delivered hundreds of successful custom software solutions, which have positively impacted the lives and careers of millions of users.
*Our 4.7-star rating on GlassDoor.
*Our client Net Promoter Score of 64, twice the industry average.
*Sustained growth of 100% - 200% per year.
FullStack is currently hiring a Vice President of Legal Affairs to oversee the legal operations of our organization. This is an incredible opportunity to build FullStack’s legal department from the ground up, and shape the future of the company. You will report directly to the CEO and will have a direct role in various aspects of the business.
- Advise executives, senior management and our board on various legal matters including new and existing laws.
- Insure compliance with all applicable laws in various jurisdictions, and provide sound legal advice, guidance, and judgement.
- Stay up-to-date on new laws and legal developments that may impact the company.
- Answer legal questions from management, including performing legal research in various jurisdictions.
- Review, negotiate, and approve all contracts the organization enters into, including with clients, employees, subcontractors, and third-party vendors.
- Interface with outside counsel in various jurisdictions when required.
- Maintain knowledge of the organization’s operations and legal documents.
- Conduct legal research and review the company's litigation strategy pertaining to legal actions.
- Handle statutory filings, such as licensing forms, registrations, etc.
- Partner with HR to ensure compliance with all applicable employment laws.
- Oversee the organizations international legal operations.
- JD from accredited law school.
- 7+ years of legal experience, with at least some experience in the IT services or related industries.
- Experience negotiating contracts and managing executed contracts.
- General understanding of employment, cyber-security, data and privacy, anti-trust, contract, international, and corporate law, and a general knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to businesses.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to evaluate legal risks and advise on mitigation options, and tradeoffs.
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient understanding of business sensitivities and confidentiality.
- Must be located in, and legally authorized to work in, the United States.
- Competitive Salary.
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick leave, maternity and paternity leave, holidays).
- 100% remote work, now and post COVID.
- The ability to work with leading startups and Fortune 500 companies.
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- 401(k) w/ 4% match.
- Virtual company events each month.
- Ample opportunity for career advancement.
- Continuing education opportunities.
FullStack Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form, which can be provided upon request during our hiring and interview process.
Learn more about our Applicants Privacy Notice.
More Information on FullStack Labs
FullStack Labs operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Granite Bay, CA. FullStack Labs was founded in 2013. It has 224 total employees. To see all 247 open jobs at FullStack Labs, click here.
Read Full Job Description