Head of Government Affairs, Duolingo English Test at Duolingo (Remote)
Our mission at Duolingo is to develop the best education in the world and make it universally available. But we’ve got more left to do — and that's where you come in!
Duolingo is the most popular language-learning application in the world, with over 500 million users and over half a billion exercises completed daily. Beyond our core learning product, we have also entered into literacy with Duolingo ABC and English proficiency testing with the Duolingo English Test.
We are passionate about educating our users, making fact-based decisions, and finding innovative solutions to complex problems. We offer meaningful work, limitless learning opportunities, and collaboration with world-class minds. Come brighten your life and over half a billion more!
The Duolingo English Test that is convenient, fast, and affordable. It is already used by over 3,000 academic programs around the world including Yale, Columbia and Duke. In keeping with our mission, we are expanding beyond academic programs and need to work with governments to do so effectively.
We have begun working with the UK and Canadian governments, as well as non-governmental agencies like the UNHCR, and are now looking to build a team dedicated to doing more. If you love making a difference in education through technology, and helping bridge the public and private sectors, this is the place for you.
- Engage with immigration and education ministries in four priority countries around the world (excluding China), with the end goal of driving acceptance of the Duolingo English Test for visa applications.
- Hire and manage external policy consultants.
- Build relationships with non-governmental agencies who can help build the credibility of the Duolingo English Test with government officials (e.g. associations, think tanks, international scholarship organizations).
- 10+ years experience.
- Government affairs, public sector, or legal experience.
- Experience in partnerships, sales, or business development. You are great at cultivating relationships.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills. You have a track record of effectively working with cross-functional teams and aligning a diverse range of internal and external partners.
- Experience working in a fast and flexible environment. You are able and excited to lead teams with a bias toward rapid cycles of analysis, decision, and action.
- The ability to travel within Europe, North America, and Oceania (passport required).
Exceptional Candidates Will Have...
- 5+ years Public sector or legal experience working with/in education or immigration-related departments in Canada, the UK, Australia, or the US.
- 5+ years government affairs, partnerships, or business development experience at a leading tech platform or mobile consumer subscription service.
- Proficiency in multiple languages.
We will do everything we can within reason to make sure that your interview takes place in an environment that fairly and accurately assesses your skills. If you need assistance or accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
We aim to return to office, and as such are requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and have received any booster doses as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Take a peek at how we care for our employees' holistic well-being with our benefits here.