Director, Corporate Counsel (Corporate Law) at Sophia Genetics (Boston, MA)
Our AI SaaS Platform enables smarter, more data-driven ways to make decisions in healthcare, radically improving the outcomes for Cancer & Rare Disease patients globally.
As we mature and build infrastructure as a publicly listed organisation, we now seek the guidance of an experienced Corporate Counsel.
This role partners and interacts highly with Executive Team members locally in our Boston office. We have an office-first hybrid environment. This is not a remote opportunity.
Reporting directly to the Chief Legal Officer, you will be responsible for all Corporate Legal activity, including Corporate Law, Corporate Governance, Finance, Corporate Transactions SEC Regulations and Disclosure.
- Corporate governance activities, including maintenance of books and records for the Corporate Secretarial team, ensure compliance with Swiss law, SEC and Nasdaq requirements and best practices
- On-going public company matters, including planning and logistics for annual shareholder meetings, director and officer questionnaires, related party transactions, corporate compliance calendars
- Preparation and filing of SEC documents, including annual and quarterly reports, proxy statements, Form 6-Ks, 20-F and other SEC filings
- Ensure press releases and other public disclosures comply with Nasdaq, SEC and Swiss Law requirements
- Maintain and manage insider trading policy and 10b5-1 plans
- Ensuring high-quality support for corporate transactions (M&A, partnerships, corporate finance, corporate structuring, JV’s etc)
- Maintenance of global subsidiary governance and compliance
To succeed in this role, we see you bringing:
- 5 – 8 Years PQE, Qualified as a lawyer in the US.
- Expert working knowledge of all Corporate Legal & Governance matters, specifically with regulations, requirements and best practice for SEC and NASDAQ
- Further knowledge of Civil Law and Swiss Corporate Law is highly valuable
- Previous in-house experience is desired, but industry first movers with the right experience and attitude will also be considered
- As we continue to scale-up and drive organisational maturity, a solutions focused mindset where you are not afraid to roll up your sleeves is absolutely critical
We know that everyone's journey is different, so if your background doesn't quite match but you still bring the relevant skills, mindset and experience we encourage you to share your profile!
What we offer in return:
You will be joining an organisation with the patient at the heart of every decision and action, driven by purpose as we drive exponential growth.
- Business recognition and accolades include:
- World’s most innovative companies (Top 10)
- World’s smartest companies (Top 50)
- 100 Best Places to Work in Boston
- Top 10 European Tech Startup – 2020
- Top 10 European biotechs startup to watch – 2021
- Top 25 East-Coast Biotech to watch – 2021
This is an office-based role with a hybrid (3 Days in office) work agreement.
- A flexible, friendly and international working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- Outstanding Medical(with Telemedicine), Dental, and Vision Plans with 90% employer contributions, including $0 deductible plans options!!!
- Life and AD&D company provided
- Company 4% match 401K contributions
- Company paid short and long term disability insurance
- FSA options available
- Supplemental employee insurance options available for Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital and Legal
- Voluntary Pet Insurance and Auto and Home options
- Employer Assistance Program free for all employees
Apply now with your CV and any supporting information. For further information, contact our Senior Talent Acquisition Lead for Executive Recruitment.
Suitably qualified candidates will be invited through an interview and screening process where you will speak with members of our Talent Acquisition Team, the hiring leader alongside key colleagues and stakeholder from across the business.
Starting Date: ASAP
Contract: Full-Time, Permanent