Legal at Policygenius...
Are you looking for the opportunity to join a nimble, dynamic legal team, with real impact on the day-to-day business and key strategic initiatives across the enterprise? Are you a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with lots of balls in the air? We’re looking for an exceptional lawyer who can be a trusted partner to the legal team and the business.
The Counsel will play a critical role in the internal legal and compliance functions. Reporting into the Associate General Counsel, the Counsel will assist with analysis and legal advice on regulatory and compliance issues, litigation and pre-litigation issues, and marketing strategy and materials..
In this role, you will…
- Provide legal feedback and support regarding marketing strategy and materials, policies, procedures, and trainings
- Prepare responses to inquiries by regulators and carriers
- Assist in litigation and pre-litigation matters
- Support on data security and privacy-related issues
- Advise on a variety of legal issues, particularly related to insurance regulatory issues
- Research, track, and report on industry, commercial, insurance regulatory, privacy and other laws, regulations, and developments to give the most effective advice, including identification of potential risks or impact on business strategy
- Concisely explain legal terms, identify related risks, and recommend tactics to achieve the most favorable, risk-mitigated results
- Partner with other members of the Legal team to implement compliance initiatives, including assessments of applicable laws and regulations
- Be a utility player, taking on opportunities and adding value in practice areas beyond researching and contracting, including assisting other members of the Legal team on a variety of special projects, as needed
We’d love to hear from you if…
- Have 4+ years of legal and/or compliance experience at a top law firm and/or in-house legal department and strong academic credentials, including a JD
- Have experience providing guidance on regulatory issues, particularly related to insurance or marketing and advertising
- Have familiarity with insurance or financial products, or have experience with insurance-related transactions
- Have litigation experience
- Have superior written & verbal communication skills and a keen attention to detail
- Have the ability to stay calm under pressure, work independently, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting time-sensitive deadlines
- Have excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Are naturally curious, with a desire to learn new areas of law
- Are a team-player with the ability to work collaboratively across various functions and with colleagues at all levels
You can expect…
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, your team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is the online insurance marketplace combining cutting-edge technology with the expertise of real licensed agents to help people get the coverage they need to protect their family, property, and finances with confidence. Since 2014, we've served as a resource for millions of people on their insurance journeys, and we've placed more than $160 billion in coverage. Our $125 million Series E in early 2022 brought our fundraising total to over $250 million.
At Policygenius, we've worked hard to maintain an inclusive culture amid our rapid growth. We’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated, and we're committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status, or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!