Corporate Counsel at KeepTruckin
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.About the Role:
Are you seeking a role where you can spread your wings with one of the most incredible legal teams of all time? Do you want to take on challenges with people who are trying to build a high-impact and efficient team (not just legal, but company-wide) who share your desire for excellence? Do you want to take on complex matters and business counseling, including matters of first impression in a dynamic field, while advising a rapidly growing business to be the best in the industry? Do you care about delving into an intoxicatingly interesting space aching for innovation? Do you desire growth by working cross-functionally with a highly collaborative company? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
We are seeking a Corporate/Commercial Counsel with extensive experience in contract negotiations and drafting, as well as knowledge on processes and efficiency-gains in a company setting. Interest in other areas of business law is a plus, with opportunity to support and grow in other areas. In this role, you’ll work with procurement, sales, product, hardware, supply chain, design, marketing IT, HR, business development and strategy teams. In this role, you will be reporting to the Senior Corporate Counsel who sits in Sacramento, to help streamline workflows, reduce risk, and standardize commercial contracting across the organization, with the opportunity to branch out and spread your wings as you learn about the organization and its legal needs. This role can be remote within the US. We anticipate excitement, growth, and development, as KeepTruckin is a dynamic company with a complex and ever-growing business in one of the most important industries in the world.What You'll Do:
- Provide legal and contract support for procurement, sales, and partnership related matters
- Develop and improve contract templates, policies, and procedures;
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts, including vendor agreements, purchase agreements, services agreements, SaaS agreements, non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, professional services agreements, partnership and integration agreements, and whatever else comes our way
- Help create contracting standards, templates, and approval processes and workflows
- Provide ad-hoc legal counsel to various business units, including interpretation and analysis of existing agreements
- Supporting all other aspects of KeepTruckin’s corporate transaction activities, including those related to strategic transactions; company compliance with and advice to senior management on governance-related laws and regulations;
- Assisting in KeepTruckin’s contract review function, including structuring and helping to manage strategic partnerships; negotiating and drafting partner and standard-form contracts
- Concluding contract negotiations and setting policy, pace and expectations for the process
- Providing hands-on legal counsel and strategic business advice and support to procurement, product, marketing, and sales teams
- J.D. and licensed to practice in the United States
- Minimum of 6+ years experience, with a focus on contract drafting and negotiation
- Both law firm and in-house experience preferred
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, write clearly and concisely, and manage people and tasks to deadline.
- Familiarity with standard commercial, licensing, hardware, software, and services terms applicable to technology companies and can efficiently negotiate contracts on behalf of our business teams
- Willingness to think outside of the box and to take on responsibilities outside of your wheelhouse
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization (experience interacting at a senior level with business management teams a plus)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well independently
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage outside counsel
- Non-commercial experience/experience in other areas a plus
- An individual with a great sense of humor and no ego who shares our vision that the legal team can be both a center of excellence and fun at the same time!
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.