Cisco, the world’s leading networking, communications and security company, is on a mission to empower an inclusive future for everyone. We’re proud to be recognized as one of the best workplaces in the world by Fortune and Great Place To Work, and we are looking for exceptional people to join our legal team.
What You’ll Do
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Cisco legal team directly supporting the ThousandEyes business. We are looking for a fun, creative team player, hungry to dive into a wide variety of hands-on work to help drive the business forward. We’re looking for someone who can:
- Develop detailed knowledge of Cisco’s as-a-service offerings and the ThousandEyes products, business processes, and go-to-market strategy;
- Draft, review, revise, and negotiate complex commercial agreements (both as a customer and a service provider) to enable customer success and meet Cisco goals;
- Develop close working relationships with the sales, engineering, operations, finance and legal teams bringing our products to market, as well as a deep understanding of our go-to-market strategies, business processes, and product offerings;
- Become adept at quickly making sound legal judgments to facilitate nimble business execution;
- Manage legal requests from multiple internal clients, with the ability to prioritize key transactions;
- Respond promptly to requests from internal clients;
- Summarize and communicate legal issues in plain-English;
- Assist in the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and the legal playbook; and
- Be a team player, willing to pitch in and assist wherever needed.
- Bar admission in any jurisdiction with good standing, with a minimum of four to six years of relevant experience at a law firm and/or in-house (the ideal candidate will have both law firm and in-house experience).
- Experience negotiating complex software license agreements, vendor/supplier contracts and reseller agreements.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
- Exceptional contract negotiation and drafting skills, with the ability to discuss complex issues in a clear and simple manner both in writing and orally;
- Focused attention to detail and ability to work independently;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and desire to make legal processes more efficient;
- Excellent business judgment, advocating for acceptable legal risk to enable business outcomes;
- Customer and client-centric approach, demonstrating respect and a positive attitude under all circumstances;
- Strong leadership skills, wanting to contribute to a team culture focused on shared success;
- Experience and familiarity with data privacy such as GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy laws, as well as as-a-service offerings. CIPP/E certification is a plus.
Our Legal Department
We are a community of 450+ Legal and Compliance professionals in 25+ countries committed to driving Cisco’s success and maintaining a fun, inclusive, and collaborative working environment. We serve as trusted advisors to the business – problem solving, navigating complexities, and enabling transformation along the way. We use technology to make our lives easier – leveraging Cisco’s own leading networking and collaboration tools to enable flexible, hybrid work. And we embrace the responsibility to be a force for good – donating our time and expertise through pro bono and community impact initiatives. We are Cisco Legal.
As billions of things connect to the Internet and massive amounts of data are distributed ever more widely, our customers are faced with growing complexity and risks to their security. Cisco is focused on delivering highly secure, intelligent platforms for the digital world. We are passionate about reinventing networking, unlocking the power of data, enriching the employee and customer experience, and deploying security everywhere. In all of these things, the network is the common denominator.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
So, you have colourful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us.
We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
US Vaccination Requirements
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.