Corporate Counsel at Lyra Health
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:52 p.m. (CST) on Monday, October 18, 2021
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, 2.5 million people can receive best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $680 million.
About the Role
Lyra is looking for a corporate counsel to join our growing legal team and support our corporate compliance and development efforts. You will help support Lyra’s corporate governance activities and corporate development activities, including the diligence process, management and negotiation of transaction agreements and related support projects. As Corporate Counsel you will also help support Lyra’s compliance efforts, equity management, and other general corporate matters. You will report to Lyra’s General Counsel. You will be a critical team member in Lyra’s growing legal team to support internal stakeholders in fulfilling Lyra’s mission to bring mental and emotional health solutions to large employers across the country.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced attorney with a proactive nature in identifying issues and presenting solutions and someone who is searching for a collaborative environment brimming with novel questions. The legal team plays an essential role at the company, responding and managing all legal questions, and candidates with all around experience are welcome to help support the various needs of the company.
This is a full-time role that can be located in the headquarters in the SF Bay Area (Burlingame, California), or remote.
- Provide practical and creative legal advice and support on business matters in a fast-paced environment
- Independently support critical corporate matters for the company, working with cross-functional teams, including accounting, investor relations, finance, HR, and other legal specializations on a wide range of corporate legal projects, as needed.
- Support corporate governance initiatives in the organization
- Support internal stakeholders to support on matters such as compensation and benefits, tax, regulatory disclosures, Board and Committee materials, investments and M&A, and real estate transactions, as appropriate
- Spearhead corporate legal department strategy, planning and coordination
- Stay up to date on developments in law and the business and be a resource to the entire corporate legal team in this area
- Build strong relationships with business partners to ensure the right level of support and collaboration
- Manage outside counsel and supervise more junior team members as needed.
- Law degree from an accredited law school and membership in a state bar with good standing
- 5+ years legal experience in-house or at a law firm
- Knowledge and passion for a variety of issues, including securities law compliance, disclosure and reporting, corporate governance, M&A and investments, integration and international expansion
- Both in-house and law firm practice preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of relevant laws and best practices and experience counseling management and boards
- Outstanding judgment with the ability to understand the criticality and urgency of and issues and prioritize them as appropriate within a fast-paced environment, providing clarity and direction to the team and others throughout the company
- Ability to find creative solutions to issues, taking a pragmatic approach when balancing legal risks against business interests
- High personal standards of excellence and ethics, as well as the ability to act with discretion and sensitivity
- Familiarity and interest in digital health technologies and services strongly preferred Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive attitude to the workplace
- Sense of humor and strong affinity for team donut day
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Read Full Job Description