Contracts Manager at Addepar
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Contracts Manager to join our Legal team! Our team is a very collaborative one, and you'll also have an opportunity to work cross-functionally with multiple teams at Addepar. Accuracy, strong attention to detail, and the ability to identify potential risks to our company will be key to success in this role. You will be responsible for assisting the legal team in preparing, negotiating and reviewing various documents, including sales contracts, buy-side license, subscription and other agreements, NDAs, and other related legal tasks.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and negotiate outbound and inbound sales contracts
- Review and amend existing contracts to account for legal and regulatory changes, updated company protocols, and new commercial terms
- Explain contractual terms and conditions to key stakeholders and interested parties
- Analyze potential risks involved with specific contract terms
- Assist in the implementation and administration of a contract lifecycle management system
- Ensure that employees understand and comply with company contracts
- Ensure all deadlines and conditions described in contracts are met
- Create language standards for existing and new contracts
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of related experience
- Three years minimum of experience as a Paralegal, Contracts Manager or relevant role, preferably in a technology context
- Knowledge of key legal requirements in contracts, including ensuring that the appropriate approvals have been documented
- Excellent interpersonal, written (grammar, spelling, format) and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively handle shifting priorities and adapt to changing demands in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners
- Ability to create a plan, prioritize initiatives, and execute both independently and collaboratively
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Experience with contract lifecycle management workflows strongly preferred
- Knowledge of JIRA helpful
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.