Don't just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners - because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
This position reports to the General Counsel or Commercial Counsel and is responsible for supporting the legal team in areas of commercial contracting, compliance, and corporate governance. The candidate will be responsible for commercial contract negotiations, drafting contracts, conducting legal research, and assisting with the administration of legal documents. Candidates will also assist with other documents as necessary and general legal projects.
Location: Remote (Please note this role will be required to work from 9-5 pm central time)
Reports To: VP, General Counsel
The below represents the primary duties of the position, others may be assigned as needed. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare, redline, negotiate and manage commercial contracts including service agreements, vendor agreements, statements of work, partnership agreements, amendments, NDAs, and related legal agreements.
- Preparing initial drafts of agreements based upon contracting standards and unique deal terms or requests
- Identify terms and conditions options, and/or carve-out strategies to resolve contract negotiation roadblocks while limiting risk
- Assist with general compliance and corporate governance matters
- Research relevant laws and regulations
- Assist with any departmental filing or other organization of information projects.
- Identify and help implement process improvements to policies and procedures
- Assist in responding to requests for information and documents from internal and external parties
- Provide general administrative support
- Bachelor's degree or 5 years of relevant experience
- 3 years of experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating contracts, preferably SAAS and technology agreements
- Team Player, collaborating with others to make awesome happen
- Self-Motivated - you like to work hard, play hard.
- Adaptable - quick feet! You can shift priorities if needed.
- Highly Organized - detail-oriented is your thing!
- MS Office applications - are no sweat when it comes to your skillset
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We've made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there's still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is?$71,006-94,016 /yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.