Associate General Counsel at Akido Labs (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:40 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 7, 2022
We are looking for an experienced attorney who is passionate about creating transformational change in our healthcare system and who is excited to help build out the legal function in a rapidly growing environment. Our ideal candidate has extensive and well-rounded knowledge of the US healthcare regulatory landscape, loves to analyze complex legal issues (e.g. utilizing AI to help inform clinical decision-making) and find creative solutions, and effectively lead large initiatives from end to end. We are looking for someone able to collaborate cross-functionally while also balancing competing demands and bringing positive, high energy to our workplace.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with key stakeholders on our business development, product, and care management teams to advise on complex legal matters and develop creative solutions to contribute to the overall success of the company.
- Provide legal and regulatory advisory support with particular emphasis on HIPAA/HITECH, the False Claims Act, Stark Law, CMIA, and other healthcare-specific laws and regulatory frameworks.
- Identify, research, analyze, and advise teams on a wide range of relevant legal topics (e.g., licensing, coding and billing, data security, and privacy laws), issues, and risks;
- Lead the design and implementation of legal processes required to onboard new providers and their staffs into our clinical network, including technical guidance, proactive risk identification and mitigation, and issue resolution.
- Work closely with our Compliance team to help drive policies and controls in a broad array of areas, including credentialing, CMS requirements, and state practice laws.
- Be a champion for reasonable and effective risk management across the organization, especially regarding privacy and security around sensitive health data.
- Wear many hats as you assist with ad-hoc projects related to day-to-day operations, corporate governance, employment, M&A, fundraising, and other key business activities.
- Keep abreast of legislative changes that may affect the company.
What you have
- 5+ years experience in-house and/or in a law firm, servicing healthcare technology companies, health providers and/or health insurance companies.
- Juris doctorate and admitted to practice in the US (California preferred).
- Demonstrated working knowledge of federal and state laws that impact healthcare provider and healthcare technology businesses.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to balance business needs with legal risks.
- Experience and confidence interacting with and presenting to executive leadership.
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills to bring clarity to the most important issues.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate complex legal concepts in laypeople’s terms.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, while juggling competing, time-sensitive demands.
- Experience scaling legal functions for a rapidly growing organization.
- Data privacy certifications (e.g. CIPP, CHPC, CCEP etc.).
- Experience with business and professionals permits (business licenses, DEA, DME, CLIA, Medical Waste Management).
- Experience working with international workforces, in particular BPOs.
- People management skills and experience.
Perks and Benefits
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited vacation (we compensate your work, not your hours)
- Medical, dental and vision health insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Stock options
- Work in a supportive environment with people who are really good humans
This is a full-time role located anywhere in the US (with a preference for Southern California)
Akido is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, age, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires an accommodation, please let us know. We look forward to hearing from you!
Akido is a care delivery platform focused on overcoming the complex needs of our most vulnerable populations. We are on a mission to leverage modern technology and proprietary datasets that have historically been locked up in our public health ecosystems in order to radically improve the quality of life and affordability of care for underserved people.
We are a fast-growing, impact-focused, Y Combinator company being used nationwide to combat the Covid-19 pandemic, homelessness, and other public health crises. Across the country, health systems and government service providers use Akido to launch new technology-powered public health initiatives that improve the health and well-being of the communities they serve.
We're building a dynamic, diverse and driven team of people who care deeply about our mission and are passionate about creating transformational change in healthcare as we continue to grow and broaden our impact. We tackle new challenges together while working hard to cultivate an environment where everyone can thrive. Our team is on the path to eclipsing several major milestones in 2022 and we're looking for new teammates to help us accelerate our progress and join us on this journey to transform healthcare for our vulnerable populations. We look forward to meeting you!
More Information on Akido Labs
Akido Labs operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Los Angeles, CA. Akido Labs was founded in 2015. It has 201 total employees. To see all jobs at Akido Labs, click here.
Read Full Job Description