Associate Counsel, Real Estate at AvantStay (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:50 p.m. (CST) on Sunday, September 18, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who we are...
AvantStay delivers exceptional, unique stays for group travelers. The company has built a tech-enabled millennial hospitality brand to be the new standard for group experience. We are venture funded and growing rapidly in the explosive $100+ billion dollar STR industry.
What we are looking for…
We are in search of an experienced and driven Associate Counsel who thrives in a fast-paced, high-output environment to support our Real Estate Counsel. This person must be extremely detail-oriented, able to efficiently juggle and prioritize multiple highly-sensitive projects at once, and be adept at providing sound guidance to internal clients. Exceptional communication, time management, and organizational skills are necessary to succeed in this role. This person needs to be admitted to the bar or licensed in the state where they live. Top candidates will be well-versed in key legal principles as they pertain to real estate transactions, real property law and contract structure, with the ability to interpret clauses and exercise sound judgment.
What you’ll do…
- Provide guidance to Real Estate legal needs, including real estate transactions, real estate development matters, complex real estate agreements, compliance requirements, and contractual obligations
- Assist in the negotiation of a high volume of complex real estate leases, subleases and property management agreements within tight deadlines
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with internal clients, establishing credibility, influence where appropriate and provide excellent client service
- Advise on Tenant-Landlord issues and other matters pertaining to real property law
- Conduct research using legislation, case law, and other legal texts as sources to decide on a strategy
- Compile, proofread, and revise drafts of legal documents
- Analyze contracts, find key terms, and interpret clauses
- Assist in management of Legal Administrator and Leasing Coordinator
- Manage and prioritize projects as they arise
- Organize information and generate reference tools for easy use
- Remain abreast of changes to legislation
- Work on ad hoc legal real estate-related projects, including but not limited to, LOI creation and negotiation, policies, trainings, templates and processes.
What you’ll bring…
- Accredited Law degree and a minimum of 3-4 years relative experience
- License to practice law in the region you wish to work
- Proven experience practicing as an Attorney within Real Estate, Hospitality, STR, or related field.
- Familiarity with legislation and case law within and related to Real Estate, Hospitality, STR, or related field
- Firm understanding of contract structure and contract lifecycles
- Strong transactional background, with solid drafting and negotiation experience
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Perceptive and meticulous, with a thorough understanding of human behavior
- Capacity to regulate and perform under stress
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adjust to changing project priorities in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- A commitment to providing superior service
Perks and Benefits...
- Salary: $100,000 - $115,000 + Performance Bonus
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Benefits and Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Team bonding and off-site events
- Complimentary and discount stays at AvantStay properties
- Remote friendly work
When you join AvantStay… You’ll be doing work that matters alongside an experienced and dynamic team, transforming the way people travel and vacation. Your place within the colossal travel and real estate industries will leave you with a wealth of opportunities to feel both challenged to innovate and rewarded for your efforts. Of course, we will offer you pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. AvantStay is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at AvantStay.
Equal Employment Opportunity...We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
AvantStay, Inc. is a proud member of PledgeLA, an organization that believes that Los Angeles will become the most diverse and civically-engaged tech hub in the nation. Our members, tech companies and VC firms or accelerators based in Los Angeles, commit to increasing their level of community engagement and improving diversity, equity, and inclusion within their organization and investments.
Read Full Job Description