The successful candidate will report directly to the company's VP of Legal and provide support on a wide variety of legal matters, including negotiating transactions with customers and vendors, assisting with regulatory compliance matters, reviewing and drafting a wide variety of contractual agreements, and maintaining the books and records of the ActiveCampaign family of companies.
What your day could consist of:
- Assisting the VP of Legal, the legal department, and senior management with a variety of legal issues related to the company's email marketing and automation business.
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing various contracts, including customer and vendor contracts, NDAs, master services agreements, and software license agreements.
- Serve as legal advisor to various internal departments and committees as requested.
- Assist with the maintenance and oversight of relationships with external counsel as requested.
What is needed:
- 4 year college degree
- Juris Doctorate degree
- 3+ years experience as an attorney with strong corporate governance experience.
- Ideal candidates will have strong prior experience drafting board and shareholder consents, board and committee minutes, committee charters and policies, securities filings, and corporate governance matters generally. In addition, ideal candidates will have strong prior experience negotiating software license agreements, representing SaaS industry clients, and a general understanding of data privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA.
- Must have excellent research, organizational, and project management skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines while still taking the care and diligence to ensure client interests are protected.
- Must not be afraid to ask questions to ensure complete understanding of a variety of requests from internal stakeholders.
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching through Udemy
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.