Principal Product Data Analyst
Mixbook is an award-winning design platform giving consumers unrivaled creative freedom to design and share one-of-a-kind stories, transforming the lives of more than 6M people. Today, we are the #1 rated photo book service in the US with 26K 5-star reviews and a profitable, growing business. Customers love Mixbook for our powerful and intuitive editor, superb quality, designer themes, and our fanatical customer service.
Founded by two Inc 30 Under 30 entrepreneurs from UC Berkeley California, Mixbook has been featured on the Today Show, Good Morning America, TechCrunch, The Verge, Washington Post, New York Times, and many other global media outlets.
Are you a seasoned Data enthusiast seeking an opportunity with a mission-driven organization? We are looking for an experienced Principal Product Data Analyst to join our remote-based team at Mixbook. This role offers a unique chance to be part of an expanding team dedicated to building a thriving consumer technology business with a profound mission. At Mixbook, we foster a collaborative and empathetic company culture, and we truly embody our inspiring values each day. As a Senior Product Data Analyst, you will collaborate closely with Product leadership to address critical business needs and drive overall business growth.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a pivotal partner for product teams, guiding product development by uncovering customer behavioral insights and recognizing long-term trends.
- You will obsess over the quality of data and accuracy of tools that Product organization leverages, including but not limited to: Mixpanel, Looker, Optimizely, and HotJar.
- You will be focused on upleveling the product analytics function through actionable insights and will be able to unlock opportunities for improvement with current product strategies.
- Anticipate the concerns of product managers and help define and measure the metrics for success of product performance.
- Leverage your proficiency in quantitative analysis, experimentation, and data mining to contribute to the overarching strategies for the Mixbook product team.
- Work closely with product managers to understand the strategic goal metrics, team level goal metrics, product performance metrics and build the right dashboards to help track monthly, quarterly goals and unlock opportunities.
- Complete due diligence into customer experience to identify friction or sticking points in the conversion path, and recommend testable solutions for Product Leadership to develop and test.
- Design, run, and analyze A/B experiments in partnership with product and design teams to uncover opportunities to improve Mixbook mobile and web products for our customers.
What You’ll Need:
- A proven track record of 8+ years in roles such as Senior or Lead Product Data Analyst or Business Intelligence Engineer, working closely with Product leadership and Product Managers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, or Engineering.
- Proficiency in data visualization tools, including but not limited to Tableau, Looker, Mix Panel, and Optimizely.
- Experience collaborating with executive-level stakeholders, with the ability to present insights and provide strategic recommendations.
- Advanced skills in SQL, Excel, and Python for data manipulation.
- Demonstrated expertise in descriptive statistics, data interpretation, and significance testing.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, along with strong interpersonal abilities, enabling you to collaborate effectively with both technical and business partners.
- Experience with the e-commerce or Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business model.
- Previous experience in a startup or fast-paced environment is a significant advantage.
Our mission is to empower people to be creative and connect deeply with the ones they love.
Unlike many growth companies, we have invested deeply in culture. Organizational health is central to our long-term strategy – we believe that when we love our people, they will love our customers, and our customers will love our business. We’ve adopted Patrick Lencioni’s principles from his book, “The Advantage”, and work diligently to foster a healthy environment - characterized by high morale + productivity, low turnover, and minimal politics + confusion. Our team is built on a foundation of vulnerability-based trust, engaging in constructive conflict, focusing on results and the following core values:
- Scrappy (Act like an entrepreneur)
- Caring (Heart of empathy)
- Craftsmanship (Spirit of excellence)
If you’re a candidate who values a healthy, thriving organizational culture and understands the importance of actively contributing to it, we invite you to apply.