You have a clear vision of where your career can go. And we have the leadership to help you get there. At CNA, we strive to create a culture in which people know they matter and are part of something important, ensuring the abilities of all employees are used to their fullest potential.
CNA seeks to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to our employees that helps them - and their family members - achieve their physical, financial, emotional and social wellbeing goals.
For a detailed look at CNA's benefits, check out our Candidate's Guide .
Individual contributor responsible for creating technical disaster recovery and business continuity plans to implement in the event of a man-made or natural disaster. Under minimal direction, this position reviews corporate backup/restoration processes, work with operations team to review and implement resiliency for critical Infrastructure components, review and implement DR plans for the applications getting migrated to GCP cloud, conduct risk analyses, works with technology departments to develop programs, coordinate and manage frequent testing of business applications and Infrastructure services/sub services in On premise and GCP Cloud environment, in order to make sure that appropriate plans and documentations are in place to prevent organizations from losing data, hardware, and software.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Provide advanced IT resilience expertise for assigned engagements, while consistently producing high-quality deliverables, and customer satisfaction
- Manages the design, implementation, and communication of business continuance and disaster recovery plans and processes that ensure the security and integrity of company data, databases, information systems, and technology.
- Researching, troubleshooting, and solving IT resilience issues. Designing, and OR suggest optimization within IT resilience solutions for On premise and GCP Cloud environment.
- Deploying IT resilience in various architectures, including but not limited to VMware, Hyper-V, IBM P and Z series servers and GCP
- Manages enterprise disaster recovery exercises and validation efforts leveraging technical subject matter experts and business stakeholders. Establishes and maintain the overall plans for executing all DR procedures and understand their interdependencies.
- Documents Disaster Recovery exercises and report results to senior management. Maintains executable disaster recovery run books for core business technologies.
- Conducts Risk analysis to identify critical operational and systems that are core to continued business operations in the event of a disruption. Translates deficiencies exposed during exercises into business risk to enable stakeholders to assess their risk exposure and develop compensating controls
- Manages the critical deliverables and Service Level Agreement data points for 3rd party vendors and Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and provide required support in meeting the deliverables
- Participates in assessments of the impact of potential disruptions in Technology services (on premise and hosted), including declaring a disaster and activating the DR plan
- Manages the creation of program status communications to internal management (e.g., leadership committees) and external stakeholders (including regulators, auditors and customers) regarding the status of the BC and DR program, including annual reporting, audit report responses and customer requests
- Develops and deploy training, documentation, and communication of disaster recovery procedures to the organization
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Typically Director or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Proven experience in managing and coordinating IT disaster recovery exercises in a multi-site, enterprise environment along with experience with leading and coordinating risk assessments and evaluations
- Prior hands on experience in managing and or migrating Datacenters for on premise and cloud supported architectures
- Solid knowledge of security principles and practices including incident response, security engineering, logging, alerting, network security, and host security
- Advanced knowledge of storage area networks, enterprise backup systems, and networking concepts
- 5+ years of relevant BCDR experience (Business Continuity certifications, e.g., CBCI, CBCP, CBCM etc. are highly desirable).
- Solid knowledge of industry best practices for IT Disaster Recovery planning and ISO Standards with regards to Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery, such as ISO 27001, 22301, 19011, 22316.
- Knowledge and understanding of current Disaster Recovery planning techniques and technologies
- Advanced project management skills. Demonstrates an ability to evaluate project objectives and scope for feasibility, understanding, scheduling, and managing projects to budget and plan
- Strong work ethic and strong analytic, quantitative, and creative problem-solving abilities, able to work with minimal instruction and oversight, manage multiple task/projects simultaneously, owning deliverable end-to-end.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels and internal/external business partners within scope of responsibility
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Process Management or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Typically a minimum of seven to ten years of related Information Technology experience
- Crisis management coordination and experience is a plus
- Applicable certifications preferred (Disaster Recover Certified Specialist (DRCS), Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Project Management Professional (PMP), etc.)
CNA is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the recruitment process. To request an accommodation, please contact [email protected] .