Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics, and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 900 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. www.amherst.com.The Amherst Residential Internship will be an immersive summer program where students will gain real-world accounting experience in corporate accounting functions and operations. You will work alongside highly-experienced accounting resources who will mentor and train you in a variety of accounting fundamentals including financial statements, general ledger, debits/credits, invoices, reconciliation, FP&A and GAAP principles.
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets, account reconciliation, income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Assist with month-end close activities and reporting processes
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.