WHO WE ARE
We are PickTrace, an early-stage software start-up that provides workforce and harvest management solutions for large-scale farms. We are a YCombinator company that has raised $33M in Series B funding. We are building the farm management system of the future. Today, we serve some of the largest berry, citrus, and apple growers in the United States and internationally, and our application is used by tens of thousands of farmworkers each day.
Our product and industry are ever-changing, and it is not uncommon for priorities or goals to shift quickly. We are building a world-class organization, and we believe individuals with high mental horsepower can up-level all members of the team around them.
You could combine your passion for learning and technology, as well as get hands-on experience with delivering solutions that directly impact our food supply chain? The agriculture industry is one of the least digitized industries in the world, and at PickTrace, we’re looking to solve these problems and deliver products our customers love. That’s why we’re looking for a Summer Software Engineer Intern to join our highly collaborative team of Senior Software Engineers, and help build the farm management solution of the future.
This opening is REMOTE on our PickTrace Engineering team.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Develop scalable, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems. Your ideas will go to our customers.
- Get out in the field, during your internship you will see our software in action for one of our growers.
- Be paired with an experienced mentor who is there to support your learning and growth.
- Formulate, implement, and evaluate algorithms and database queries to support SaaS scalability and stability.
- Implement new features and optimize existing ones to drive maximum performance.
- Use code reviews and continuous integration to deliver high quality software, and rapidly fix bugs as they come up.
- Partner closely with our Engineering, QA, UX and Product team members to incorporate and iterate based on their and our customers’ feedback / pain points.
- Learn how to leverage agile practices by participating in a culture of encouragement around collaboration, prioritization, and an urgency to develop.
- Conduct research, share, and recommend new technologies and trends across the engineering team.
- Be surrounded by inspiring teammates who are doing the best work of their lives and loving every moment of it.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Students pursuing a BS (Juniors + Seniors), MS, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical degree.
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers, regardless of which part of the stack you work in.
- You love learning about new technologies, and still value using something older if it still functions.
- A drive to create well-structured and long-term maintainability of the codebase.
WHAT TRAITS ARE IMPORTANT TO US
Coachability - You are hungry for feedback on how to improve, embrace the feedback, and quickly implement it into your day-to-day operations.
Curiosity - Our product and industry are ever changing and you have a thirst to seek more knowledge about both on a daily basis.
Work Ethic - You have a unique ability to prioritize your workload and work efficiently through your focus areas in an effective manner.
Preparation - You take pride in being detail oriented and well prepared for the work in front of you. The thought of taking on an initiative without a plan gives you reason to pause.
Adaptability to Change - You are comfortable and flexible to switch your focus rapidly to align with the updated business initiatives.
Intelligence - You consider yourself a strategic thinker, and push conversations forward with co-workers by offering unique perspectives.
Passion - We are disrupting the lowest technology adopting vertical in the world with a best in breed enterprise SaaS workforce management platform and exude excitement about the market opportunity in front of us.
Prior Success - You have a track record of over-achievement, and take pride in ensuring top-level results are achieved in your daily work.
Competitiveness - You are motivated daily to be the best at what you do. When you are outperformed it pushes you harder to up-level your performance.
Brevity - You have a unique ability to break down complex topics into concise and meaningful explanations.
If this sounds like you, we would absolutely love to meet you!