At this time, it seems that we’ve identified a sufficient number of candidates to complete our planned intern hiring for 2022, and are not reviewing additional applicants.
Over the next few months, however, we'll be continuing to evaluate our 2022 business needs. If you'd like to be contacted should additional positions open up, please apply so that we can follow-up with you in ~January to see if you're still considering new opportunities then.
[ As of June 2020, Quora has become a "remote-first" company. This position can be performed remotely from anywhere in the world, regardless of any location that might be specified above.]
The vast majority of human knowledge is still not on the internet. Most of it is trapped in the form of experience in people's heads, or buried in books and papers that only experts can access. More than a billion people use the internet, yet only a tiny fraction contribute their knowledge to it. We want to democratize access to knowledge of all kinds — from politics to painting, cooking to coding, etymology to experiences — so if someone out there knows something, anyone else can learn it. Our mission is to share and grow the world's knowledge, and we're building a world-class team to help us achieve this mission.
About our Internship:
A Quora internship is not an ordinary internship. There's no busy work. Every project that our interns work on is important to the company and its goals.
As a team, we are dedicated to holding high standards, developing a strong and passionate culture, and emphasizing impact. We value building a culture with strong engineering values and goals because we believe that it is the key to building a great company and product. Interns play an important role in this, as they work alongside full-time employees as equals, working on the same projects that help drive the company and product forward. We expect interns to become valuable contributors to the team, as they work hand-in-hand with people ranging from engineering to design to business development.
We also realize that mentorship is important to allow interns to grow and develop skills in areas which they're looking to improve. For example, every intern will have a full-time engineer as a mentor, and weekly 1:1s with their managers to get feedback and ensure things are going well. We also emphasize code reviews and hold weekly engineering tech talks to maintain high code quality and to optimize for learning the best engineering practices.
Interns can expect to work in the same areas as full-time engineers, which include:
- Product Systems: architect and scale user-facing product features to drive engagement and help the product grow.
- Platform: create the tools, abstractions, frameworks, and systems to make developers at Quora more productive across all platforms — from product developers to ML engineers.
- Infrastructure: design and build fast, cost-efficient, self-healing and scalable architectures to serve our ever-growing global traffic and storage needs.
- Machine Learning: build systems and processes that apply ML technologies, including ranking, content quality, text understanding, search, ads targeting and CTR prediction, etc.
- Pursuing a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
- A passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
- Love of the Quora product
- Prior software engineering internship experience with web applications, databases, or distributed systems