Research Internship - Computer Vision (Fall 2022) at Dataminr (Remote)
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for 'Most Innovative Use of AI' from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You'll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Experience: PhD/Graduate Students
Who you are:
You're a Ph.D. candidate who has published in top tier conferences and are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI, working in a highly collaborative environment and directly contributing to products while advancing the state of the art. You are very creative, can work independently, and are an excellent collaborator and communicator.
- Perform research to advance the state of the art and solve specific problems at scale in Computer Vision
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team on a specific project to be completed during the internship.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Ideal candidates will have had prior internship experience.
- Outstanding publication record in the candidate's field of study (ACL, CVPR, CHI, WWW, RecSys, ICCV, NIPS, ICML, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up experiments and demonstrate progress through principled used of metrics.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.