At Deepgram, you will work alongside expert scientists to design and train state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms for speech recognition, speaker classification, speech understanding, and natural language processing. With access to our massive GPU data centers, you will be able to run fast-paced, iterative experiments and discuss results with the rest of the team, pushing the boundaries of accuracy in speech recognition.
- Discover and create data suitable for training and validating deep learning models
- Identify state-of-the-art work and use it as a launching point for developing novel deep learning concepts
- Train and validate end-to-end deep learning models in the speech domain
- Carefully tune model hyperparameters to meet business accuracy and performance goals
- We are seeking students working towards a Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Data Science or other related fields
- Proficiency in Python
- Comfortable using data and matrix libraries such as numpy and pandas, and using these libraries to load and manipulate large datasets
- Experience in training, validating, and testing machine learning models in common tensor frameworks, such as PyTorch
- Comfortable using visualization tools (such as matplotlib or seaborn) to communicate findings and prove/disprove hypotheses
Deepgram’s end-to-end deep neural network is revolutionizing the speech-to-text (STT) market and taking on the big guys. We’re redefining what companies can do with voice technology by offering a platform with AI architectural advantage, not legacy tech retrofitted with AI. We’ve raised over $56 million and have been recognized as an Inc. Best Workplace (2021), a Forbes Top 50 AI Company to Watch (2021), and a CB Insights Top 100 AI Startup (2021), among others.
Our tech advantage is end-to-end deep learning, but our strength lies in our diversity of people, ideas, and experiences that allow our company to create amazing STT products for people who are true innovators in the field. We believe every voice should be heard—and understood—from our transcriptions to our customers to our employees. Come join our revolution to unlock the power of voice technology for everyone. We want to hear what you’ve got to say!
Read Full Job Description