Python Developer - Co-Op
Do you have a deep understanding of PEP8 and PEP20 and have expert knowledge of Python?
If so, we are looking for a Python Software Developer Co-op to join our team! The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, and an engaging individual to work with and learn from our fast moving team. The successful candidate will be a clear communicator, problem solver, able to work independently but also serve as a key contributor in team settings, thrive in a startup environment, and be open to taking on new responsibilities.
Your efforts will help us revolutionize home health care with products that are clinically validated, optimize the efforts of clinicians managing patients with chronic disease, and meet FDA regulatory requirements. You must be a hands-on team player with strong technical skills, have exceptional attention to detail, be passionate about technology innovation, and be determined to stretch and expand your abilities. This position is based in Rochester, NY.
- Employ Python best-practices to improve existing codebase
- Fix bugs within the Casana algorithms and interface
- Document data structures and algorithm code
Required Skills and Experience
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residence.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team, and capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to seamlessly integrate theory with empirical data.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail in calculations, hands-on experimentation, and documentation.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Currently pursuing a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
- Expert level knowledge of Python
- Deep understanding of PEP8 and PEP20
- Have strong Computer Science fundamentals in data structures and design patterns
Casana is revolutionizing home healthcare by creating clinical-grade technology that unobtrusively checks a person’s health. Backed by a top-ranked VC and led by a CEO who founded and led a tech unicorn to a successful IPO, Casana is designing and building the home-health platform of the future. We are seeking bright, driven candidates to join our team.
Casana creates technologies that enable healthcare in the home. Casana has created a toilet seat-based cardiovascular monitoring system that is self-contained, cloud-connected, and installs directly on a standard toilet. The Heart Seat requires no user behavior change and is capable of capturing multiple key clinically relevant measurements, including heart rate, blood pressure, blood oxygenation and cardiac output.