Legal Intern at GitLab
Legal Interns at GitLab may work within GitLab Legal on matters relating to employment, privacy and product, corporate affairs, and/or contracts. This internship is open to law students, with a preference to those candidates who will have completed their 2L year by the time the internship starts, as an opportunity to further their professional legal experience and learn what a legal career in-house at an enterprise software company may entail. We desire to create an inclusive program that will provide a fair and equal opportunity for all qualifying candidates.Candidate Qualifying Criteria
The following criteria are considered required for candidates to be eligible for Legal Internship positions:
- Current law student, with preference given to those students who have completed their 2L studies by the time the internship begins.
- Available full-time in the Pacific time zone for the duration of the internship.
The Legal Internship is for a 3-month period, and will start in August 2021 and end in November 2021.Location
The internship program will be remote and primarily operate in the Pacific time zone.Compensation
Internships at GitLab offered in the framework described on this page will be paid and follow the same logic as that depicted in our Compensation Calculator and according to our Global Compensation Principles. This means that, as usual, the San Francisco benchmark, location and experience factors will be taken into account during the recruitment process and before making an offer. Depending on country regulations, we will have to align with national labor laws. The Legal Intern is a grade 4 (/handbook/total-rewards/compensation/compensation-calculator/#gitlab-job-grades).Responsibilities
- Assist GitLab Legal Team on projects ranging across employment law, privacy and product work and corporate projects.
- Work on other projects within GitLab Legal as assigned.
- Completed 2 years of law school
- Proactive, dynamic and result driven individual with attention to detail
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities enabling the intern to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced & dynamic environment
- Superior analytical, project management experience, and communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and flexibility, and the ability to interface effectively and engender trust and confidence with with all business functions throughout the organization
- A curious mind who does not back down from a challenge.
- Successful completion of a background check
- Ability to use GitLab
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a 30-minute screening call with our Global Recruiters
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Director of Legal, Employment
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule with additional team members of the legal department
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule an interview with our Chief Legal Officer
- Finally, candidates may be invited to schedule interviews with Directors or team members in relevant functional areas Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines
Please visit our Country Hiring Guidelines page to see where we can hire.