Intern, Biology at Gossamer Bio (San Diego, CA)
Gossamer Bio is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, acquiring, developing and commercializing therapeutics in the disease areas of immunology, inflammation and oncology. Our goal is to create a business that allows value creation and capture at the individual asset level, long-term sustainability, and continuity, while ultimately helping to improve the lives of patients.
This is an intern role starting immediately for 20 hrs/wk until summer break, then increasing to 40 hrs/wk until fall semester starts. Please note you must currently be located in the San Diego area and authorized to work for any employer in the USA as we do not provide relocation assistance or sponsorship for Intern roles.
This internship opportunity provides students with hands-on experience, coaching and mentoring, as well as the opportunity to gain exposure to the best research & development practices.
Work closely with highly experienced scientists to gain knowledge and experience on drug discovery through:
- Assessing the influence of drug candidates on immunological responses using ELISA, MSD, qPCR, cell culture or flow cytometry.
- Performing cell based immunological assay for target of interests.
- Collect and analyze experimental results.
- Summarize and present frequent updates at project team meetings.
- Current rising junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS from an accredited technical school, college or university. Graduate students are welcome to apply.
- Majors: Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or other life science majors.
- Laboratory experience is essential, as is experience conducting scientific experiments.
- Prior experience with cell culture, qPCR and Elisa required.
- Possess good communication and presentation skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Understands the needs of a project and proactively drive them.
- Must be a self-starter works independently while contributing to the team goals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Experience with Prism is a plus.
Work Hours: Feb.- May/June 20 hrs week then 40h/week during summer(normal business hours)
Duration: Feb/March to Aug/Sept, possibility of continuation on part time basis after summer.
Location: San Diego, onsite
Gossamer Bio is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants and complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Gossamer Bio is committed to complying with federal, state and local law on employee vaccinations. Job candidates and employees should be aware that full vaccination against COVID-19 is required. Gossamer Bio is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those unable to be vaccinated where it is not an undue hardship to the company to do so as provided under federal, state, and local law.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Notice for California Residents:
This notice is to notify you that personal data about you has been collected by Gossamer Bio (“Controller”), which is located at 3013 Science Park Road, Suite 200, San Diego CA 92121 and can be contacted by emailing [email protected], because Controller wishes to evaluate your candidacy for employment at Controller.
Your personal data was either obtained from publicly available sources (e.g. LinkedIn) or provided to Controller by someone who referred you for potential employment. Controller’s Privacy team can be contacted at [email protected]
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data has been shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR and CCPA, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.