At Particle Health, our mission is to enable simple and secure access to actionable healthcare data for digital health innovators.
Particle is shaping the new standard for healthcare data exchange with a user-friendly API platform. We create intuitive experiences for developers, build scalable infrastructure product teams love, and collaborate with innovative leaders launching data driven healthcare solutions.
Unofficially? We also intend to #destroythefaxmachine
Particle Health is accepting applications for a Design Internship focused on both UX and Visual Design, running from approximately June 6 - August 26, 2022. Reporting to our Designer, the Design intern will work with both our Product and Marketing teams to further develop Particle’s brand. Particle has a really inspiring mission, so you’ll also be contributing to important work in the digital health sphere.About the Role
This internship is a fantastic opportunity to develop your design skills in a hands-on startup environment. You’ll get to work directly with our designer and build up your UX skills, as well as our Marketing team to create on-brand assets that support various functions in the organization. Because you’ll be working with multiple teams, you’ll get tons of valuable experience in a variety of disciplines, plus we’re confident you’ll have a great time.Ideal Candidate Profile
You’re an undergrad or grad student in a design-related field and you’d like to hone your skills to prepare you for launching your career as a designer. We’re also open to non-students who want the opportunity to get real-world practice in design. Ideally you’ve been doing a significant amount of visual design and are comfortable working against a set of brand standards, and are eager to apply your skills toward learning the ins-and-outs of UX and Product Design, as well.Areas of Responsibility
- Work with our Designer in developing our product and brand
- Collaborate with both Product and Marketing, each on a hands-on, meaningful project that will demonstrate your ability to deliver results in a design context
- Support the creation and delivery of various design tasks such as user flows, wireframes, prototypes, design system, social media assets, infographics, presentations and other marketing and sales collateral
- Currently enrolled (or recent graduate) in a design program, or equivalent experience
- Solid design portfolio with focus on case studies
- Systems Thinking skills
- Ability to understand, respect, and expand our current brand and design system
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in some or all of the following: Figma, Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong interest in product, visual design, and technology. Interest in healthcare is a plus
- Understanding of user-centered design processes
- Willingness to learn, grow, and teach
- Physically located in the United States; authorized to work in the US
Particle internships are great preparation for a career in startups, health tech companies, and mission-driven organizations. We take our internships seriously and have hired at least one intern out of every internship class we’ve hosted. You’ll get to do real work with the support of a manager who is committed to your success, plus you’ll learn a ton about how our company works together to achieve our ambitious mission to radically transform American healthcare.
The application process is easy: submit your resume and answer the two brief questions about why you’re interested. We’ll reach out to those who qualify and schedule a phone conversation, during which you can learn more about us and the opportunity. Candidates who move ahead in the process will then take part in “panel” interviews, where you’ll get to meet more team members and demonstrate your readiness for the internship. We’ll then send offers to accepted candidates soon after.
The internship is remote-first, but if you live in the NYC metro area or choose to relocate for the summer, we have an office where you can work. We love the office but don’t require anyone to work from there. We’ll provide a laptop for your temporary use, as well as any software or tools you might need. This internship pays $25/hour and will be paid every two weeks via direct deposit.
At Particle Health, we believe that creating and nurturing a respectful, equitable, and inclusive culture is the best way to work. We're developing our career pathways, performance evaluation, and employee engagement programs to ensure our employees have what they need to succeed now and in the future.
We're serious about combatting burnout at Particle, and we've instituted anti-burnout policies, including Flexible Fridays and two week-long breaks throughout the year, on top of unlimited PTO and annual holidays.
We offer a complete benefits package, including health/dental/medical coverage for you and your family, 401(k) matching, flexible work schedules and time off, generous paid parental leave with new parent coaching, and more.