Database Administrator Intern - Fall 2022 at Do Not Use - Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI)
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or concentration in a technical field
- Foundational understating of Database architecture or any SQL/NoSQL database engine
- Ability to install and configure Relational(MySQL/PostgreSQL/SQL Server) or Non-relational database systems (MongoDB, Redis)
- Knowledge of databases in the cloud, AWS, Aurora, or DynamoDB
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code - Terraform
- Knowledge of database maintenance tasks such as defragmentation, upgrades, and storage management
- Ability to understand and design high-availability architectures
- Knowledge of approaches for performance optimization, clustering, and replication
As a Database Administrator Intern, you will work closely with teams across the company to help ensure the databases that support our technology systems are designed and performing as needed and provide the necessary data to the appropriate team members. Interns at the Rock Family of Companies learn how it feels to be in the workplace, participate in events around the city of Detroit and become valuable members of our team.
- Collaborate with other database engineers and application teams to understand the requirements and assist in writing database codes and developing software programs
- Apply data integrity fundamental concepts and basic database maintenance operations
- Follow and enhance existing development processes
- Assist team document database standards, best practices, and processes
- Gain hands-on experience in on premise server environment and cloud environment
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.