Specialist, Senior Talent Acquisition at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Focus on building meaningful relationships with senior business leaders to understand the strategic direction of the business. Develop and execute effective talent acquisition strategies that address the current and future talent needs of the organization and enable successful achievement of those business goals. Be responsible for ensuring a high quality experience for both candidates and business stakeholders through executing a consistent process and meeting predetermined expectations throughout the scope of the recruitment process.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Partners with business leaders, hiring managers, HRBPs, and Talent Management to understand the strategic direction of the business, the talent strategy, and workforce planning needs to develop a strategy to address the needs of the business.
- Acts as subject matter expert in assigned functional areas including general and functional market expertise, industry trends, job knowledge, organizational structure, and ongoing business strategy in order to influence hiring decisions resulting in increased quality of hire.
- Manages full life-cycle recruitment process from strategy discussion through offer acceptance, while providing value-added guidance and coaching on all aspects of the hiring process to ensure the right talent is selected for the right role at the right time.
- Serves as candidate selection subject matter expert and trains hiring teams on the best in class recruiting process, competency selection and behavioral based interviewing.
- Acts as a thought partner to TA Manager in supporting strategic partnership to the businesses on all Talent Acquisition related activities.
- Supports TA Manager in positioning the TA function as a Center of Expertise with hiring managers and HR partners (varies by region).
- Leverages labor market expertise; develops recruitment strategies using various sourcing techniques including developing and activating candidate pipelines, leveraging technology, research and social media/search engine channels to address senior and hard to fill positions.
- Utilizes data analytics and knowledge of complex recruitment issues (i.e. labor market supply/demand, workforce trends, competitive intelligence, Ball’s employment brand position) to identify creative ways to solve problems and to influence and advise business leaders & HRBPs on strategic talent decisions.
- Monitors and recommends the usage of external recruiters and headhunters, as well as coordinates temporary staffing solutions to ensure we are focused on providing the appropriate level of value vs. money.
- Builds networks to find qualified passive candidates through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Researches, recommends, and executes new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting. Develops a pool of qualified candidates in advance of need.
- Recommends and makes process improvements on the recruiting systems, reporting and tools currently in place. Evaluates potential systems and tools and advises TA Manager on future use (varies by region).
- Continuously looks at process improvement/creating efficiencies and tools to enhance the TA experience for multiple external and internal stakeholders.
- Consults with business, HR and D&I partners and executes a diversity recruiting strategy to best enable talent sourcing. Attends career fairs for recruiting and company recognition. Develops working relationships within organizations to aid in talent pools.
- Delivers recruiting process excellence by following internal policies and procedures, accurately tracking &/or reporting metrics, and being compliant with all federal, state and local employment laws OFCCP, AAP, FLSA, etc. where applicable.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college graduate degree level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 5-7 year(s), as a recruitment professional with at least 3 years of corporate recruitment experience supporting senior leaders (corporate recruitment experience may vary by region).
- Multiple years of demonstrated success in developing and deploying recruiting strategies for hard to fill managerial level roles. Past history of filling “hard to fill” roles that required using nontraditional recruiting resources and/or heavy pipelining.
- Documented experience in implementing continuous improvement initiatives through new innovative best practices, techniques/technology, and industry trends into the recruiting process.
- Demonstrated experience using resume databases, internet search tools and social networking to find and attract top talent. Documented history of strategic, proactive recruiting.
- Consultative approach to partnering and collaborating with Talent Acquisition, HR, and Hiring managers.
- Experience utilizing an Applicant Tracking system.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations and procedures.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 77500- 115,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans