Workflow Specialist - Supporting Financial Institutions at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Commercial Lending provides a key ingredient in determining a Bank's / FI's profitability. The business is quite dynamic and posed with many challenges around Automation, Decisioning, Workflows and disconnected Processes to name a few. Solving these real world problems with best of the breed technology stack, the team is quite dynamic, versatile and self-equipped with a variety of skills. The Job might be the right fit for you if:
- You enjoy solving problems and create solutions
- If you don't know the answer, you will dig until you find it
- You love learning about processes and ideating them
What you will be doing
- Working in a support capacity, helping the core development teams customers, both internal and external to FIS.
- Part of supporting our customers across North America, it is expected that out of ours on-call support will be a part of your role.
- Configure, test and implement workflows supporting configuration and business features in FIS Loan Origination System.
- Coordinate with business experts (Business Analysts, Product Owners, Product Managers) to gather functional specifications and accordingly get them designed and build in product using native workflow tool and by harvesting CMMN and BPMN Principles.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Build the executable processes with limited requirement to showcase business.
- Work with architects and team leads to design & implement appropriate technical solutions.
- Collaborate with testers to analyze defects, verify behavior, and resolve issues.
- Identify, re-engineer and document business processes and metrics and identify improvement opportunities where existing processes / workflows may be streamlined or improved to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop, maintain and distribute business process workflows documentation to stakeholders.
- Assess and project the impact of system changes on users and internal and external clients or stakeholders.
- Be a SPOC for managing and maintenance of these Processes, Workflows while building and contributing to these within Product in an Agile manner. Attend all the relevant scrum ceremonies.
- Tailors user screens for each process activity to enable end users to interact with Application.
- Work as an independent team member, capable of applying judgment to plan and execute your tasks.
- Isolate and resolve complex configuration issues.
- Train internal employees or external clients on processes, BPMN and CMMN principles or practices. Conduct one-on-one or classroom training depending upon the size or desire of the audience.
What you bring:
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience
- Excellent Workflow Development and Understanding experience.
- Working knowledge of workflow tools like Pega, IBM Workflow, APPIAN
- Good database skills with excellent query writing skills.
- Understanding of case life cycle management, business process management (BPM) is highly desirable.
- Exposure to form design including Java, HTML, CSS, XML, JSON and Angular.
- Knowledge of APIs (REST & SOAP).
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- First-rate verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors).
- Ability to meet deadlines and communicate status appropriately and timely.
Added bonus if you have:
- Knowledge and experience of Flowable products including Flowable Work and Flowable EdorasOne.
What we offer you
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.