Treasury Operations Associate at Schonfeld
We are seeking a detail oriented and analytical person to join the team at Schonfeld as a Treasury Operations Associate under the Operations team in our Miami office. You will have a passion for automation and have the drive to enhance our current securities lending and financing platform and help increase the knowledge base of global markets. You will be a team player with the ability to communicate effectively and work well with others across a wide spectrum of disciplines such as portfolio managers, risk, technology, and operations.
What you’ll do
- Interact with investment teams, sell side partners, admins, vendors and internal groups to perform daily operational treasury functions
- Support the Head of Treasury Operations in all executing best in class processes for financing operational oversight and reconciliations.
- Interact key investment and business support stakeholders to understand their information needs. Solicit feedback to develop and produce reporting as
- Reconcile daily and monthly financial data with fund admin and accounting books of record
- Assist in building processes, dashboards, and systems to ensure entries and optimization are accurate.
- Trade booking/settlement/reconciliation for money market fund/sovereign bonds for financing purposes
- Instructing cash transfer for margining and operational purposes
- Cash SSI call back/recording keeping
- Reconciliation of settled positions between internal report vs fund admin report vs prime broker report
- Managing pay to hold borrow inventory
- FX trades booking/settlement for hedging and margining purposes
- Cash transaction reconciliation for non-trading activities
- Monitoring cash level to make sure all accounts meet the regulatory/custodian requirement
- Resolve cash/position breaks that would impact the financing calculation.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Minimum 4yrs of Operations experience (buys side preferred)
- Understanding of Hedge Fund Strategies
- Expertise in Excel and other MS Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Basic SQL Knowledge
We’d love if you had:
- A major in Finance, Economics, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Prior experience building reporting tools and analytics with data aggregation
- Prior experience in any UMR related process
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.