Treasury Cash Manager at CNA
The Treasury Cash Manager position is part of CNA's Investments & Treasury Division. This division is responsible for managing the firm's bank relationships and cash management activities, as well as trade settlement, analysis, accounting and reporting for the firm's $40+ billion investment portfolio. This role offers an opportunity to collaborate across the division and with various business units outside of Investments & Treasury, including our banking partners and asset managers, in order to align strategic initiatives with daily activities. The role also has responsibility for coaching and developing less experienced analysts while fostering a positive, open team environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities may include:
1. Acts as a liaison between Treasury and business units within CNA to address business issues and meet organizational objectives.
2. Oversees and participates in various cash management activities which may include daily cash positioning, accounting for CNA's operating bank accounts, planning and analyzing bank fees, and maintenance of the Treasury management system.
3. Helps define the issues and scope of assigned projects; suggesting the approach and methodology, and enhancing analysis where applicable. Assist in the development and implementation of financial strategies or tactics.
4. Provides insight and guidance as an expert or resource throughout the company.
5. Enhances processes where applicable.
6. Prepares and presents interpretations of findings for leadership within Investments & Treasury Division and broader corporate partners. Proactively investigates anomalies and variances in information.
7. Participates in Sarbanes-Oxley reviews as needed. Completes audit requests, as required.
8. Other duties include, but are not limited to establishing proper payment controls, negotiating and executing bank related documentation, and coordinating and participating in bank relationship meetings to ensure a high level of expected service standards and completion of initiatives as expected.
Director or Above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Proven leadership skills and ability to build collaborative relationships.
2. Excellent organization, project management, planning and time management skills. Proven ability to manage competing priorities and execute deliverables in a timely fashion.
3. Act like an owner by taking pride in your work and acting with a sense of urgency.
4. Strong analytical skills able to solve problems creatively by using your imagination, valuing diverse ideas, embracing change, and making processes as efficient as possible.
5. Ability to foster and maintain collaborative relationships with external and internal customers, peers, and management.
6. Technical knowledge of banking processes
7. Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners.
8. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, accounting systems and applications, and other business-related software systems.
Education & Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, or related field
2. Minimum five to eight years of Treasury experience
3. Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) designation a plus